“A Horrendous Establishment ”
Review of Simisola's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Simisola's
Ranked #202 of 206 Coffee & Tea in Dublin
Reviewed 24 January 2015 via mobile

Went here for breakfast one morning and I can assure you I wouldn't go back near the place if my life depended on it. To say the food was mediocre would be a hugely generous compliment. I left the place with my clothes absolutely stinking of cooking because there are no extract fans anywhere and there is so much smoke you have to ask the proprietor for extra napkins to blot up the tears running down your face. Speaking of the proprietor, they have a hell of a lot to learn about customer service and working in the hospitality industry. You get the feeling when you order that they are doing you a favour and they are seriously put out at having to take a couple of steps to their makeshift kitchen to prepare your mediocre fare. To sum up- it would be wiser to buy a sandwich in the shop down the road and go to one of the beautiful parks nearby and sit on a bench and eat it.

4  Thank Alaminguez
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My mother -in-law and I went for breakfast last Saturday with the hope for a pleasurable chat over a nice breakfast.
We both ordered paoched eggs and toast with tea/ coffee and waited to be served .
Much to my horror I noticed that the Kitchen is not fully ventilated , the whole place sticks of bacon, the young daughter aged 8 is serving tables , the floor was dirty , the owner / manager was very bad tempered and stomping around the cafe roaring at a table to the back if they would like white or brown toast.
A pleasant young lady who took our order did say we would be waiting 10 mins and we didnt mind .
35 minutes later our food arrives and the whites of the eggs on both plates were not cooked through . Much as I dont like to complain I also do not fancy getting food poisening so I sent my plate back asking if they could be cooked through before I eat them , priced at €6.95 , you would expect at least that they were cooked .
The young lady was sent back to us with the words " She told me to tell you that they are cooked !"
I thanked tha young girl for her efforts and approached the counter myself to speak with the chef/ owner/ waitress .
She would not face me as I asked for her attention , dismissed what I was saying , then turned around and roared at me " Those eggs are cooked and thats how I cook eggs and if you dont like them you can go somewhere else!"
I was horrified to be spoken to like this , embarrassed and asked her why she was being so rude to me?
She walked away and slammed the door .
We left shaken and very dissapointed - this woman does not deserve to own this business ,I work in hospitality and understand the complexities of good customer service , this simply was unacceptable in todays world and pray that no tourists ever encounter such an evil bad tempered woman. STAY AWAY!

8  Thank Distillerynews
Reviewed 11 June 2013

If you like to pay €2.80 for an americano or espresso and actually get a cup of instant coffee you must visit this cafe. With a large expensive coffee machine sitting on the counter - it was only used for boiling water ! Disgrace.

1  Thank ScoobyDoo34
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Title says it all. Food is average, and far to expensive for the portion you get. That said I found them to be friendly when I walked in, and when they brought the food. Probably won't be back.

They need to either up the quantity or quality, or they need to drop the price by a good bit. Coffee was bitter and needs some work too.