“Sensational Chinese restaurant”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We have been travelling for quite a while and really wanted some asian food for one of the 2 nights we were in Dublin after so many pub meals, Spotted the sign when walking down O'Connell street, walked in, table was made available despite being very busy, Service was fast, friendly, attentive and efficient and the food was really good, in fact so good we went back for our second night in Dublin for another wonderful meal. All servings are generous, we highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I just had a meal with my girlfriend in this restaurant, we ordered beef and chicken dishes and we had starters. the starters were nice but the main dishes were not the beef and chicken were like rubber it did not look like real meet and nothing like i have ever tasted before.Even to taste the meet was disgusting we asked for the manager and asked was it proper chicken and we asked was it processed meat.
the manager said she did not understand what processed meant but she was well able to speak good English we then asked were the meat came from and she said it came from Asia.She said that the were trying that meat to try it out and lately a few people complained about the chicken before.
I would absolutely not recommend this restaurant to anyone worst meat i ever tasted.

2  Thank Jude L
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I'm a native New Yorker now living in Ireland and I love Chinese food in Chinatown and in a variety of restaurants on both the Upper East and West Sides of Manhattan. I also enjoy eating in London's and San Francisco's Chinatowns. This is the first Chinese meal I've had in Ireland that reminds me of those wonderful meals. Began with steamed beef dumplings (prefer the pork but the kitchen had run out) and they were good. My husband had chicken lettuce wraps and they were very good too! We both enjoyed our main dishes as well - shrimp/pork with sweet and sour sauce and chicken in black bean sauce (with a nice amount of veggies within the dish) served on a sizzling platter. In addition to good food at reasonable prices, staff is friendly and polite and restaurant is clean and bright. All in all, great dining experience.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This is a very difficult review to write primarily because I adore the food here but my partner doesn't like it much at all. This restaurant serves the best hot & sour soup I've had in Ireland and my go to dish for main course is their hot and spicy squid (because they never have the razor clams!!) which is out of this world - the spiciness level is just right and the squid cooked to perfection buttery, soft and delicate. However on the other hand the chicken and sweetcorn soup my partner had last time was just OK - it was a bit watery and bland. The ribs we've tried before were perfectly adequate without being anything outstanding. On both occasions the other main meal has been the chicken curry. The first time it was fine but on this latest visit the chicken was not nice at all - flaccid and slimy in a gloopy sauce. Overall the food is a bit hit and miss and seems to depend on what dish you select. However the one thing that doesn't improve is the service which has always been indifferent to say the least. It varies between fairly pleasant (on rare occasions and seems to depend on who's serving) and surly and pretty much disinterested (which is the norm) - there's no effort to engage with customers or pass the time of day. However given the popularity of this place with tourists it maybe the case that this just adds to the character? Also annoying that they don't take plastic - cash only so go prepared. That said the prices won't break the bank. Would I go again - maybe for take out for my own self whilst my other half gets a takeout from somewhere else!

2  Thank MrsWoman94
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Sometimes I need my regular Chinese food after traveling for some time and consuming western food. This place was an accidental good find. So far we have ate twice here and both times are just as satisfying. They do goo Sichuan food, the Cantonese style may be slightly sweet but still tasty and has good "wok" energy. They do good soups too and this is a place that can serve you good green vegetables Chinese style and steamed whole sea bass. Their serving of one bowl of rice is huge.