“No improvem”
Review of Thunder Road Cafe

Thunder Road Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Thunder Road Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #577 of 2,830 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

After coming here since the place opened loved it for years has totally gone downhill thought it might get back as they seem to stop doing living social vouchers but I was wrong steaks tasteless wings not nice.anymore my last time

Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Popped into thunderroad with some friends last Saturday night. Atmosphere was brilliant with a live DJ playing. Had the bruschetta for starters which was very flavoursome and a great appetizer. The main event came then which was an unbelivable vegetarian burger(lots of great vegetarian options on there menu). Friends shared the Tomohawk steak which I was told was incredible. All this went down with some delicous cocktails. Great night all round, definitely going back.

1  Thank Conor G
Reviewed 24 May 2018

I went to Thunderroad cafe with some friends over the weekend and I would highly recommend this restaurant. The service was fantastic and in terms of food I ordered a burger which I believe is the best in Dublin, also a great selection of cocktails to choose from. Highly recommend this spot !!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We came here at night because we had a very long day and just wanted something quick to eat so we could get back to our hotel and rest. Thunder Road Cafe was one of the few places in Temple Bar that wasn’t crowded and I can see why. Immediately you are greeted by deafening music, and I mean DEAFENING. We were seated quickly and our server came over promptly but could have cared less about us and was totally disinterested, didn’t say more then probably 5 words to us the entire time we were there. In the end we had to flag down a different server to get our check, It really wasn’t busy and there was no reason he couldn’t check in on us more. We were also seated right next to one of the speakers which of course made it impossible to have any conversation. The music was just like pop hits of 2008-2012, and was just outdated. The restaurant is trying to go for an American style bar and grill but I also can’t tell if they’re trying to be serious or joking about it. Like I get the humor in making an over the top America themed place but they present it in a such a serious way and it just looks bad. Food was not much better. I had the pulled pork which admittedly was pretty good, but I didn’t know there were a such thing as bad French fries till I ate here tonight. They had a horrible texture to them and were virtually tasteless. I’m not one to cause a scene at a restaurant so we just endured dinner and left as quick as we could. Do yourself a favor and go anywhere except here.

1  Thank TJ H
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I don’t normally go to Temple Bar but I stopped off for a burger and a beer on the way to the train station.

It was lunchtime mid week so it was fairly quiet. Service was good. Burger was very nice and the room had a nice feel to it with all the American and Motorcycle themed memorabilia.

Pretty good experience.