“Hitting the spot before takeoff.”

The Chocolate Lounge
Ranked #44 of 54 Dessert in Dublin
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Having forty minutes to eat before a flight is a luxury to me. So getting something memorable, tasty and worth repeating is something that everyone should know about.

The Chocolate Lounge is a well known Terminal 2 establishment, but few know it exists as it sits in the opposite corner of where you descend the escalators down to your departure gates. The fact that it still continues to do well is testament to the fact that they run a good restaurant and produce good food and coffee.

I've known about the Chocolate Lounge for many years as it has a great takeaway coffee spot over by the whiskey corner in the Duty Free lounge. I've often sampled their coffee on the run down to my flight early in the morning. There is always a queue, and half seem to be airport staff - another indication that they like it too, which is always good enough for me.

So having enough time to have food without getting indigestion, I took the time to have breakfast here recently. I had scrambled eggs on a toasted bagel, which came with smoked salmon, but I decided against it. I ordered a latte too and it arrived out steaming hot a matter of minutes later. My server was warm, genuine and utterly professional.

I could not fault it - and all for E8! Quality food and well worth the money.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

This is located up to the left after clearing security. It's typically quiter than the Slaney and is a good location to relax. They do serve food but we just got a drink

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Sorry to say, but what they advertise, the melted hot chocolate is a fake. Very bad hot drink, while the rest of the service, and the pastry, is average to good. Sorry, but I won't be back

Reviewed 2 April 2017

A group of us on a layover sat beside a wall of glass, drank Guinness and ate lunch while watching flights arriving in Dublin and rain clouds moving across the horizon. This restaurant is outside the security area in terminal 2. I enjoyed my smoked salmon in toast. The wait staff was friendly, the chairs comfortable and the prices reasonable for an airport.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I stop by the Chocolate Lounge for quick breakfast before my flight.
The place was looking a bit busy for 6 am, so I didn’t expect too much.
I was greeted by a young lady with name Katerina who explained that is table service and then she shows me an available table by the entrance.
I explained that I'm in a bit of a hurry so Katerina took my order immediately and recommended the Smoke Salmon and Scrumble Eggs because is coming faster.
I add Orange Juice and a cup of coffee as well. The drinks arrived first and shortly after that and my meal which was fast, hot and well presented.
Everything was more than I expect, fast and professional service, tasty food and decent coffee for the airport standards.

Worthed to come back!