“Excellent coffee in Drumcondra”

The Lovely Food Company
Ranked #8 of 209 Coffee & Tea in Dublin
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Lovely Food Company Drumcondra, is the same team behind the Lovely Food Company in Terenure. Our Pastry chef in Terenure bakes everything we sell on site, and we have a huge gluten free and vegan range. All our Meats, Eggs and Milk are Irish and we slow cook all our own meats. We may only be small, but we have huge plans for Drumcondra, and in tandem with our little Deli next door, Bread & Butter Gourmet Market, we plan to change the way you guys think about food, by bringing you the very best in quality Irish produce, watch out for our Farmers Market coming soon.
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Just had coffee and a small bite on recommendation of a neighbour. Will certainly support this small local business in the area. Excellent roast used in the coffee and the almond and raspberry tart was first class.

1  Thank Aidan S

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

I've been eating here regularly for the last year or so and while the food is good the service has in my experience deteriorated.
The menu is small and while everything is very well cooked and very tasty the lunch menu hasn't varied.
Last time I went (lunch mid-week) the service was terribly slow with no acknowledgment of same.
I'll keep going back as it's a reliable place for lunch but I'd like to see them being a bit more welcoming again.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

7 of us went for a work lunch here. This cafe is suited more for smal groups who would like to sit outside. However the staff were very helpful and made the 7 of us work.(even if we did take up half the cafe inside)

Service:
Very helpful staff, never had to wait too long to order anything and were able to help with any questions about the menu.

Setting:
Again, cozy, nice atmosphere, would see it for more smaller parties than ourselves.

Food:
I chose to order the crab and smoked salmon sandwich. Was very fresh, tasty and no complaints. I am also pretty sure that no one else complained as everyone cleaned their plates.

If you are looking for somewhere for a nice lunch, and are near the Drumcondra area, this is the place to go.

1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 8 September 2016

The Lovely Food Company do seem like a very genuine small business who put a lot of effort into good food and customer service. We both ordered eggs benedict and were thoroughly happy with our choices. A very tasty meal with good runny eggs with plenty of hollandaise sauce (which is important!). The only slight negative I will say is that it was a bit more expensive than I thought it should be, especially considering that we were not in Dublin city centre. All the same though, the food was tasty and the staff were lovely. Will return if in the area in the future.

1  Thank Hermes797
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Wow, I'd come for the scones alone... We had a lovely breakfast. The service was excellent too... We'll definitely return.

1  Thank AbieLiCious