“Slipshod”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Some months ago I went to Dunne and Crescenzi..Sth. Frederick St. for lunch with friends .
I have long been a fan but had noticed that food and service standards were slipping a little .
Following this occasion I decided "enough already". Our various dishes were brought at such intervals that some people had finished before others had started .
Three of the five people were unhappy with their food .
Having ordered a chocolate tart for pudding the waiter brought a brownie .When I pointed this out his reply was that all the tarts had gone .

Today in a rush I went to D.and C .shop and ordered a panini to take away .
Surprise.....when I opened the bag it was the wrong one.....I am not but had I been a vwgetarian I would have been more upset.

So sadly the end of a beautiful friendship has come. D.and C was fabulous now its mediocre and slipshod.

1  Thank cathain77

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Hadn’t been here before. Bigger than I expected. Pleasant - almost cosy - atmosphere, with walls lined with shelves of wine. Helpful, attentive & friendly staff. We arrived early and the restaurant was already quite busy. Clearly a popular venue, as it remained so for the couple of hours we dined there.

Excellent selection of (typically) Italian dishes, all of which were reasonably priced. We chose a range of starters, and a mix of meat, chicken and pasta mains, followed by some very nice tiramisu and sorbet desserts. Finished off with quite decent americano coffees. We had a Toscana red to accompany the meal, which was decent enough for us to have a second bottle!

Bill worked out at almost €60 per head (including tip). Not cheap but probably reflects the quality of the fare, the location and the popularity of the place. We will return!

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We were in kildare village shopping and as you do we had lunch we had the soup minestrone and a sandwich
It was a special glass of wine and expresso to finish not bad filled the gap .

Reviewed 26 November 2017

The three of us shared a very good antipasti board, featuring a lovely pesto dip, very good olives, etc.

My spaghetti was simple but fantastic. Home made pasta, perfectly cooked with a lovely tomato sauce.

Good coffee. Good unobtrusive service. Great relaxed atmosphere, even though the restaurant was packed.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Visited Kildare Village on Black Friday weekend. Restaurant was very very busy but service, food and staff were excellent as always in this Restaurant. Would recommend it without hesitation. A must as part of your shopping trip. Long lines to get in but we were surprised how fast we moved in and were seated. Good job guys!!!!