“Great food but very poor portions”

Dunne and Crescenzi
Ranked #302 of 2,803 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$23 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Long story short: I bring a customer to lunch and we order the daily special (egg pasta with nduja) and the portion was so small we had to order another main. It also came out of the kitchen lukewarm.
Our second main (sausage and beans) was amazing, hearty and tasty.
The comms supervisor Nicola was amazing in getting me a copy of the receipt I forgot to pick up in the restaurant.
Tip to management: increase your specials' sizes.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Some months ago I went to Dunne and Crescenzi..Sth. Frederick St. for lunch with friends .
I have long been a fan but had noticed that food and service standards were slipping a little .
Following this occasion I decided "enough already". Our various dishes were brought at such intervals that some people had finished before others had started .
Three of the five people were unhappy with their food .
Having ordered a chocolate tart for pudding the waiter brought a brownie .When I pointed this out his reply was that all the tarts had gone .

Today in a rush I went to D.and C .shop and ordered a panini to take away .
Surprise.....when I opened the bag it was the wrong one.....I am not but had I been a vwgetarian I would have been more upset.

So sadly the end of a beautiful friendship has come. D.and C was fabulous now its mediocre and slipshod.

1  Thank cathain77
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Hadn’t been here before. Bigger than I expected. Pleasant - almost cosy - atmosphere, with walls lined with shelves of wine. Helpful, attentive & friendly staff. We arrived early and the restaurant was already quite busy. Clearly a popular venue, as it remained so for the couple of hours we dined there.

Excellent selection of (typically) Italian dishes, all of which were reasonably priced. We chose a range of starters, and a mix of meat, chicken and pasta mains, followed by some very nice tiramisu and sorbet desserts. Finished off with quite decent americano coffees. We had a Toscana red to accompany the meal, which was decent enough for us to have a second bottle!

Bill worked out at almost €60 per head (including tip). Not cheap but probably reflects the quality of the fare, the location and the popularity of the place. We will return!

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We were in kildare village shopping and as you do we had lunch we had the soup minestrone and a sandwich
It was a special glass of wine and expresso to finish not bad filled the gap .

Reviewed 26 November 2017

The three of us shared a very good antipasti board, featuring a lovely pesto dip, very good olives, etc.

My spaghetti was simple but fantastic. Home made pasta, perfectly cooked with a lovely tomato sauce.

Good coffee. Good unobtrusive service. Great relaxed atmosphere, even though the restaurant was packed.