Tara Hall Accommodation
Royal Marine Hotel(Dun Laoghaire)
US$181
US$104
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Mulgrave Lodge(Dun Laoghaire)
Orbitz.com
US$141
US$133
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$119
US$115
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin(Blackrock)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$203
Travelocity
US$114
  • Restaurant
Haddington House(Dun Laoghaire)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2016

I was very puzzled to read previous incredibly negative review. I appreciate rooms can vary in size etc and if your room is not good I understand being angry, but it sounds as if her trip was a series of disasters. This is a bed and breakfast place, not a 24 hour hotel, so why expect an area to sit in other than your room ? Our room was a good size - everything spotless and comfortable bed. Breakfast was very good. Dining room spotless and you could not miss it - this is a large house not a hotel. Lots of choices for breakfast - cereal, fruit. Free Wifi. Very quiet area and within easy walking distance of Dart into Dublin city and great to be by the sea. Value for money was excellent. I would recommend Tara Hall if you are visiting Dublin and just using as a Bed and Breakfast is supposed to be used.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trish55
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Where do I start....This is the worst B&B I have ever stayed in anywhere in Ireland North and South. Please check the photos!!!

I was booked in Sat 18th - Mon 20th June for my 29th Birthday with my friend

We arrived in Dublin late due to a delay on the train which messed up our booking at the Guinness Storehouse which meant we where delayed plus the fact that our bus didn't arrive to get us to the train station to get the dart to Sandycove so I called the B&B to let them know what was happening and we had been delayed through no fault of our own only to be told that if we were not at the B&B by 8pm we would not be checked into stay as he was going out with his wife for dinner and we wouldn't be allowed to stay in the B&B now I had travelled 6hours to get to this place for him to tell me that I wasn't going to be allowed to stay because we where running late!!! (to be honest he would have been doing us a favour in the long run) he finally agreed to leave a key under a flower pot while he went on his date night.

When we arrived we found the key let ourselves in it was late so we went to the Chinese down the street had something to eat and went to bed so didn't really take much notice of the room until the morning light.

The room was disgusting I have never seen anything as dirty as this the floor was crunchy underfoot, the room was full of the smell of glade plug in air fresheners to cover the smell of damp and the window didn't stay open and there was a massive crack in it where someone had tried to open it and it had slammed closed we had to wedge it open with bottles off water to get some fresh air in the room, the curtains where dusty and mouldy and the lace curtain all torn and stained.

The bathroom was a disgrace so bad we couldn't use the shower cause of the mould and hair and cobwebs in it!! it was horrible the toilet was stained and we where even wary of using the sink.

BUT the worst was the kettle which was stained deep brown and mouldy with water still in from previous guests who where unfortunate enough to have used it. I kid you not it made me gag it was horrible.

Breakfast was ok very basic being a vegetarian I got a few spoonful of beans a few mushrooms an tomato and an egg all very greasy and you could have broke windows with the toast I was not brave enough to try the stall looking cereals they had on offer. The table clothes where really dirty and stained and even the chairs you sat on for breakfast were filthy.

All in all this was a nightmare of a stay I didn't want to go back to the B&B at night due to the horrible feeling and state of the room and was left very embarrassed as I had invited my friend to stay with me and this is what we were given. We had know idea where the fire exit was, didn't know where the dinning room was and there was know where to sit at night other than the mangy old bedroom.

The manager Mike was very rude both on the phone and at breakfast not just to ourselves but other guests and the atmosphere in the place is horrible as he is very rude to his own staff.

I will never be back and I warn you DO NOT BOOK THIS B&B!!! this is a house of horrors

The place stinks of plug in air fresheners to cover the smell off damp and everything is dusty and old an worn out.

Room Tip: horrible, rude, dirty, mouldy, rotten
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Don't stay here, if you have any hygiene standards. My friend had booked us in here for 2 nights as a birthday trip. We were delayed due to public transport issues, only to be told by Mike (not the owner, apparently, but maybe the manager) that if we weren't there by 8, we wouldn't be getting in, since he had dinner booked with his wife. Once my friend explained the situation, he relented, and left a key under a flowerpot for us. First impressions, upon gaining entry, was the smell. Very stale, slightly greasy and unpleasantly heavy with air fresheners. Dingy, dismal appearance, and somewhat unwelcoming, since the only door with any sort of sign on it, was room number 7. All doors were shut, no hint of what lay behind them. Off we trundled, up the green carpeted stairs (matched with salmon pink walls), to the floor where our room (number 5) was located.
If you like the taste of plug in air fresheners, this floor is for you. We opened the fire door (last painted in the 80's, at a guess) to be hit with fake scent. It tasted a bit like bananas. I don't like bananas. This was just a full on attack of my sinuses and there was no warning, nor escape. We coughed our way through to room 5, hearts sinking by this stage. They sank further when we saw the filth my friend had paid almost 200 euros for. Carpet, filthy and stained. Walls were papered with wood chip, but large patches had been ripped off, and just painted over. The grey splash marks along the walls and skirting boards, added a hint of mystique. Sash window, either closed, or open full, as the mechanism was faulty. The glass was broken, and the net curtains all frayed. Dirty leaflets in the drawers and broken coat hangers in the wardrobe. Thankfully, the bedding was clean. It's the small things that count, right? The en suite... shower unit too dirty and mouldy to use. Tiles had been badly painted over, and there were a few hairs stuck to them. Shower head - disgusting. the lino was peeling up at the corners, there were more mystery splash marks on the walls and door and the toilets still had the faded remains of someone else's ablutions. Another surprise hair, hiding under the seat.
The kettle was unusable (see pictures) and was full of water that had been sitting for an unspecified amount of time before our arrival. Really bad wifi signal, also.
'Fresh fruit' juices at breakfast was diluting juice, the fresh fruit salad looked the part, but tasted like it had been fermented. The coffee ran out, no refills. The cooked breakfast was ok, just a tad on the greasy side.
Smoking area was standing outside the front door, no shelter, no bin for cigarette ends. I ended up taking my butts back up to the room and disposing them into the wee bin there.
On leaving, no questions were asked about our stay, Mike was almost pleasant at the point of sale. Other than that, he was rude, disinterested and extremely unavailable.
This isn't just me being picky, we'll be making a proper complaint. Sleeping in a skip would be a more pleasant experience than a stay at Tara Hall, and a good bit cheaper, too.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Estelle K
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Least pleasant night on our 2 week trip - small bed with decade-old mattress where each spring can be felt, thick dust on bathroom lamp, towel rail barely clinging to the wall, musty smell in large areas, complicated parking... not a bargain for 99 Eur

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2016

we stayed here recently and it was average. location is good as it is close to the DART. parking is available at the rear of the property. rooms are average and very dated but clean. breakfast was excellent and owner staff were most obliging and courteous. I would consider staying here again

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple