“Excelent value for money”

Tara Hall Accommodation
Ranked #8 of 20 Dun Laoghaire B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 November 2016

We appreciated the tasty breakfast, a clean room with confortable beds. Very nice location (quite, restaurants and shops at a walking distance, not far from Dublin). Mike - the host is very friendly. Car parking. Free wifi.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Mold in bathrooms, stains on carpet, we found hair in our breakfasts 2 of the 4 mornings. It was a bank holiday and we could not find another place to stay - we tried to leave! I can't believe this place is in business. Do not book here.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2016

All I can say is, the place is not well kept, the staff of ONE (the husband). The upstairs hallway reeked of vanilla mixed with left over bacon and eggs. Beds were not comfortable and, although I did not find the place dirty it felt like it. Many guests have described this place as TIRED. I think that says it all. IT'S VERY TIRED. My cousin remarked, "it may be more suited to a youth hostel."

We had booked for two nights but could not stay the second night. The proprietor was not happy and mumbled something about Booking.com. I contacted Booking.com and we were released from our second night's stay. Honestly? If the owner had given us a better attitude I wouldn't have written this review.

If you're a serious traveller, don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Don't book here if you are a serious traveller. Wi-Fi comes and goes. Some younger guests smok...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank LadyIrish121
Reviewed 26 June 2016

I was very puzzled to read previous incredibly negative review. I appreciate rooms can vary in size etc and if your room is not good I understand being angry, but it sounds as if her trip was a series of disasters. This is a bed and breakfast place, not a 24 hour hotel, so why expect an area to sit in other than your room ? Our room was a good size - everything spotless and comfortable bed. Breakfast was very good. Dining room spotless and you could not miss it - this is a large house not a hotel. Lots of choices for breakfast - cereal, fruit. Free Wifi. Very quiet area and within easy walking distance of Dart into Dublin city and great to be by the sea. Value for money was excellent. I would recommend Tara Hall if you are visiting Dublin and just using as a Bed and Breakfast is supposed to be used.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trish55
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Where do I start....This is the worst B&B I have ever stayed in anywhere in Ireland North and South. Please check the photos!!!

I was booked in Sat 18th - Mon 20th June for my 29th Birthday with my friend

We arrived in Dublin late due to a delay on the train which messed up our booking at the Guinness Storehouse which meant we where delayed plus the fact that our bus didn't arrive to get us to the train station to get the dart to Sandycove so I called the B&B to let them know what was happening and we had been delayed through no fault of our own only to be told that if we were not at the B&B by 8pm we would not be checked into stay as he was going out with his wife for dinner and we wouldn't be allowed to stay in the B&B now I had travelled 6hours to get to this place for him to tell me that I wasn't going to be allowed to stay because we where running late!!! (to be honest he would have been doing us a favour in the long run) he finally agreed to leave a key under a flower pot while he went on his date night.

When we arrived we found the key let ourselves in it was late so we went to the Chinese down the street had something to eat and went to bed so didn't really take much notice of the room until the morning light.

The room was disgusting I have never seen anything as dirty as this the floor was crunchy underfoot, the room was full of the smell of glade plug in air fresheners to cover the smell of damp and the window didn't stay open and there was a massive crack in it where someone had tried to open it and it had slammed closed we had to wedge it open with bottles off water to get some fresh air in the room, the curtains where dusty and mouldy and the lace curtain all torn and stained.

The bathroom was a disgrace so bad we couldn't use the shower cause of the mould and hair and cobwebs in it!! it was horrible the toilet was stained and we where even wary of using the sink.

BUT the worst was the kettle which was stained deep brown and mouldy with water still in from previous guests who where unfortunate enough to have used it. I kid you not it made me gag it was horrible.

Breakfast was ok very basic being a vegetarian I got a few spoonful of beans a few mushrooms an tomato and an egg all very greasy and you could have broke windows with the toast I was not brave enough to try the stall looking cereals they had on offer. The table clothes where really dirty and stained and even the chairs you sat on for breakfast were filthy.

All in all this was a nightmare of a stay I didn't want to go back to the B&B at night due to the horrible feeling and state of the room and was left very embarrassed as I had invited my friend to stay with me and this is what we were given. We had know idea where the fire exit was, didn't know where the dinning room was and there was know where to sit at night other than the mangy old bedroom.

The manager Mike was very rude both on the phone and at breakfast not just to ourselves but other guests and the atmosphere in the place is horrible as he is very rude to his own staff.

I will never be back and I warn you DO NOT BOOK THIS B&B!!! this is a house of horrors

The place stinks of plug in air fresheners to cover the smell off damp and everything is dusty and old an worn out.

Room Tip: horrible, rude, dirty, mouldy, rotten
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1 km away
Ferry House Bed and Breakfast
Ferry House Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 20 in Dun Laoghaire

Been to Tara Hall Accommodation? Share your experiences!