US$120
Royal Marine Hotel(Dun Laoghaire)
US$196
US$162
Agoda.com
Haddington House(Dun Laoghaire)
US$162
Windsor Lodge B&B(Dun Laoghaire)
TripAdvisor
Lynden Bed & Breakfast(Dun Laoghaire)
bedfinder
Claremont House(Dun Laoghaire)
Mulgrave Lodge(Dun Laoghaire)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Had a lovely break with our little dog in August,very friendly host and hostess who made us feel welcome from the moment we rang the bell.

Clean adequate room,great location for village,beach,pub and good value for money.

If you are on a budget,like a good breakfast and friendly people I thoroughly recommend the Tara

Richard and Breda

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2016

We appreciated the tasty breakfast, a clean room with confortable beds. Very nice location (quite, restaurants and shops at a walking distance, not far from Dublin). Mike - the host is very friendly. Car parking. Free wifi.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Mold in bathrooms, stains on carpet, we found hair in our breakfasts 2 of the 4 mornings. It was a bank holiday and we could not find another place to stay - we tried to leave! I can't believe this place is in business. Do not book here.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2016

All I can say is, the place is not well kept, the staff of ONE (the husband). The upstairs hallway reeked of vanilla mixed with left over bacon and eggs. Beds were not comfortable and, although I did not find the place dirty it felt like it. Many guests have described this place as TIRED. I think that says it all. IT'S VERY TIRED. My cousin remarked, "it may be more suited to a youth hostel."

We had booked for two nights but could not stay the second night. The proprietor was not happy and mumbled something about Booking.com. I contacted Booking.com and we were released from our second night's stay. Honestly? If the owner had given us a better attitude I wouldn't have written this review.

If you're a serious traveller, don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Don't book here if you are a serious traveller. Wi-Fi comes and goes. Some younger guests smoked and texted in the front of the B&B.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank LadyIrish121
Reviewed 26 June 2016

I was very puzzled to read previous incredibly negative review. I appreciate rooms can vary in size etc and if your room is not good I understand being angry, but it sounds as if her trip was a series of disasters. This is a bed and breakfast place, not a 24 hour hotel, so why expect an area to sit in other than your room ? Our room was a good size - everything spotless and comfortable bed. Breakfast was very good. Dining room spotless and you could not miss it - this is a large house not a hotel. Lots of choices for breakfast - cereal, fruit. Free Wifi. Very quiet area and within easy walking distance of Dart into Dublin city and great to be by the sea. Value for money was excellent. I would recommend Tara Hall if you are visiting Dublin and just using as a Bed and Breakfast is supposed to be used.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple