“Will not go again”
Review of Aaron House B&B

Aaron House B&B
Ranked #162 of 189 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 November 2015

My husband and I got to stay here as part of our 6 day tour through Ireland with Paddywagon tours.
The room was the worst one of the whole tour. Quite dirty, no amenities and really noisy. Super small and the bed had only 1 access from one side as it was stuck to the wall.
If we ever go back to Galway we won't be staying here.

Room Tip: Avoid the ones on the 1st floor
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 November 2015

I stayed in a room in the top floor and it was very good. There was this window in the ceiling and it was raining...I slept like a baby with that sound. The breakfast was very good and the staff very friendly. Great choice for Paddywagon tour.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Neil C
Reviewed 25 August 2015

The place was very and I mean VERY filthy and there was a funny smell all over the place. There was no car park space and the WIFI was not working. The owners were vicious so I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: I do not recommend it to anyone
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
5  Thank Robert J
Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

!!! Avoid it !!

AAron house was our worst choice in Galway !!
Room and amenities were below standard in every area were very dusty.
Couple who owned place appear nice at start but quickly became quite rude and weird.
The walls were covered in mold and the bathroom floor flooded.
The room was totally overpriced.
The breakfast was really not good - the cheapest of ingredients, And the tea was serves in an insulated flask which gave it a strange taste, also funny smell of rest.
No parking space + not working WIFI

I would not recommend this B&B house unless yu want a hostel experience.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 24 August 2015

It’s my first review. Normally I don’t do it but I never have been humiliated before in my life like that!

So my arrival was 23.00 o'clock. I picked the keys in corridor. Went to the town to grab some food and came back. At 1.00 O’clock we wanted to go sleep but we have discovered few secrets about this nasty place.
We realized that the rooms are very small. No shower gel or shampoos. Towels were dirty and soap has been used before by at least 100 men’s. The army of Rome Empire has conquered the carpet several times since the color was changing from red to black big time! That was still absolutely fine and pleasant when I compare the rest.
The Major points were the bed sheets. We had the feeling that they have been never changed since the beginning of time and universe. We had 2x double beds and 1x single bed instead 3x double beds (small point). The top of bedding was covered with small marks. The Big secret was on the bottom which you can find on attached picture. It looks like someone has urinated (I hope that not) a long time ago. I didn’t wanted to be blamed for that so I text a message to owners but we didn’t get any respond.

I have used my jacket as a bed sheet and I was sleeping in my jogging trousers since I didn’t wanted my skin be touching the bed sheets (I was to scared to catch something nasty) First time in my life I was sleeping in clothes like escaped prisoner.

Next morning I have received following text message “Come to the reception” No please or any signs of kindness. I went politely and I have been trying to talk quietly (since guests were around) about the issue with bed sheets ONLY but the woman body was already shaking from anger like I would spit in her face and her kids!

Her first words were SHOW ME THE MARKS! I have explained her please give me a minute I must check with roommates if they are okay since we just have woke up. This Woman was rude from first eye look till the last moment.

SHOWTIME: I have allowed the shaking woman (like she was connected to electricity) and her husband to enter the room. We have presented few small marks on the top of bed sheets but they have been repeating that is clean. So afterwards I have presented her the mark which I think was urination. Owners have tried to convince me that it was a steam mark! I wanted to show her next bed with hairs under the bed sheets but before that they started to scream at us “ANIMALS!!!” Owners tried as much as they could to humiliate and embarrass us in front of other guests! They didn’t wanted even to check the others beds! First time in my life I was humiliated like that for no reason! Of course we didn’t tried the breakfast since we needed to get out ASAP. Woman was screaming back several times “How dare you to talk like that in my house”, “Animals!!!” "How dare you?! This house is clean" I am still under shock because I have no clue to who she was referring? Maybe it was a kind of mental disorder and she was mixing the situations with previous guests. I am not sure about that since I am not a psychiatrist but for sure my guessing is going the correct way. We have been not drinking there or being loud etc...

So if you would like to be called ANIMALS and sleep like a dog then I highly recommend this place big time! Not sure about the hot water and breakfast since we have been not brave enough to try it out.

Incompetent rude pathetic service taken from some kind of a bad movie + the funny smell ;))))

No parking space + not working WIFI

If you don't believe or you think that I am overreacting then try it out by yourself but don't tell me that I have been not warning you ;)

GOOD LUCK!