“Desserts are amazing - regular menu is even better”

Gourmet Tart Company
Ranked #1 of 6 Bakeries in Galway
Price range: US$9 - US$14
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 August 2018

This place is delicious. Not only do the sweets look amazing when you walk in, the menu is filled with delicious, homemade, local dishes. We tried the chocolate, almond croissant and it really was 5 stars!! We arrived at close to noon so we had choice of breakfast or lunch and obviously we tried from both menus. My wife had a Quiche Lorraine, which was huge and delicious, and I had one of the best dishes Ive had in my life, the Seafood Bisque. Everything in my bowl was locally caught, grown and prepared. The bisque came with homemade toast that had lots of grains and seeds – a perfect complement. Obviously the coffee was awesome. Also, the staff was very attentive and the gentleman who served us was very helpful in helping make our decisions. As I said in the title, this is definitely not just for desserts – its for the entire experience.

1  Thank andypavera85

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Very good simply prepared breakfasts and good coffees. Smart decor. Serving staff very pleasant even if service a bit erratic. Very popular spot so busy which also means it can be very noisy with all the hard services. So although the food very good I don't find it a relaxing place for breakfast

1  Thank Tripadee
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

I love the selection of salads here. Three for a fiver is great! Coffee is good too and theres a few seats outside

1  Thank Janhen14
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Brilliant breakfast place for locals and travelers alike. Ordered breakfasts to go as my husband was feeling a bit rough from festivities the night before. Everything from the ham and cheese croissant to the porridge full of fruit, seeds and maple syrup to my poached eggs with smoked salmon, and avocado on seeded bread, hot the spot. Nicely balanced mocha and latte and we were ready to bash around Galway for another day. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

This is our go to place on a sunday! We take a drive into galway go for a walk or to the park with the kids followed by a stop of here on the way home. We always get 2 cappuccinos some maracoons maybe an eclair or 2 and some rice crispie buns for the kids.. def worth calling in if your passing you wont be disappointed!

1  Thank Sineadmartinloughrea