The Ardilaun Hotel
US$212
US$271
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$105
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$196
Amber Hill Bed and Breakfast(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$88
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

US$191
Travelodge Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$105
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Snoozles Hostel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$197
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
1,598 results
All reviewsleisure centrebeauty salonleisure clubwedding receptionrelaxing breakwedding venuesuperior roomlovely hotelbar foodbit datedenjoyable staygalway cityboth nightsfrom start to finishwould highly recommend this hoteltop classlast weekend
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I attended a family wedding in the Ardilaun Hotel in August. It was a fabulous day. We had the drinks reception in the garden which was a lovely start to our evening. The dinner was delicious and the staff catered for my two children's requirements. The band were great as we danced into the early hours. Our rooms were lovely and we enjoyed breakfast with our family and friends the next morning. So thank you to all the staff for making this special family occasion very enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Roisin1965
JohnRyanMD, General Manager at The Ardilaun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Roisin,

Thank you so much for your review. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your very special family event with us recently and we thank you for sharing your feedback here on tripadvisor.

Your review has been communicated throughout the hotel to each department.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Ardilaun Hotel as part of a tour. It was easily the best hotel we experienced during our stay in Ireland. From the outside, it didn't seem any different from the other hotels. Once inside, I felt like I had stepped into an Irish manor

Our room was one of the largest rooms I have ever stayed in. We joked that we could do cartwheels from one end to the other. There was a small dressing room and a clean, well-appointed bathroom. Needless to say, the bed was very comfortable. The room we stayed in was next to the children's center (I worried that might become a noise issue, but we never heard a thing!).

The staff was so kind and helpful. We were tired and couldn't seem to get the windows open. I was unused to the way European windows open (push out rather than up). Someone from the front desk came up and helped us get them open. I was a little embarrassed to discover that we just didn't know to push out instead of up, but he was so kind and understanding.

We decided to take a refreshing swim. I can't even begin to describe the pool. All I can say is that you should take a moment to enjoy it. You won't want to miss it. Oh, I can't help myself! I'll try to describe it. The full-length pool has a semi-circular grotto built onto the side of it. It has a built in bench to sit on. A statue sits in the center of the grotto. The grotto is entirely surrounded by windows. I swam in a rainstorm, and it was so serene to sit on the bench in the heated pool as the rain teemed outside the window. I highly recommend it. There was also a hot tub. Bring a swim cap at home or buy one at the pool desk. Women must wear one. I bought one there for a small fee. The locker/shower facilities were clean, too.

Outside, there is a lovely garden. Be sure to explore it. While small, you feel very secluded strolling through the woodsy path leading to a stone patio. Beautiful flowers are planted around the patio. We enjoyed our time in the garden, too.

The food was tasty, and the breakfast was one of the best we experienced. There was a small room off the lobby with two computers and printers if you need to send an e-mail home or confirm a flight.

I can't comment on how easy it is to get to Galway as we chose not to visit the city. We were there during the Volvo Ocean Race. It seemed that half of Europe was in Galway then, too. The entire area was in gridlock. Once we finally made it to the hotel, we didn't want to venture out into that traffic mess again. Please don't worry about traffic here. I believe the ocean race event is a yearly thing. Traffic would not normally be a problem with this hotel.

I will definitely return to the Ardilaun, and I will visit Galway next time. This hotel is not to be missed. If you go, say hello to the dolphin in the hot tub for me!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
JohnRyanMD, General Manager at The Ardilaun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Hi Juliann

Thank you so very much for your fabulous review. We are absolutely delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us recently.

Not all of our guests have the time to enjoy our leisure club facilities and our gardens but we are so glad that you could do so.

Ardilaun trys harder all the time to ensure that our guests enjoy a most memorable experience with us and we love it when people return to stay with us again and again.

We very much look forward to having you stay with us when you visit Galway next time. Maybe you could bring some nice weather to us too!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We just stayed at the Ardilaun Hotel on Sat. Aug.25,2012. All in all it was a nice hotel. We were upgraded upon arrival to junior suite at no additional charge o . The room was spacious With a Wonderful bathroom. I was worried when we discovered we were right over the bar put it was not an issue. Even with music being performed wHen we left the bar and went to our room it was very quiet. We had a great night's sleep. My only complaint about the hotel was the service in the bar and restaurant. After 3 days of long stretches of driving we decided to stay at the hotel for drinks and dinner.We went to the bar both before and after dinner and no one would acknowledge us. I have no problem with going to the bar foe service but some people were being taken care of and others were not. At least acknowledge people sitting there and if you cannot serve them let them know so they can go the the bar themselves. Dinner service was ok but at the breakfast buffet the next morning( which was very good) no one approached us to ask us about tea or coffee until our meal was finished. I would stay here again but I would think twice about using the bar or restaurant.

Dear Ellen,

Thank you so much for your review. While we are very grateful to you for having taken the time to let others know about your stay here, we are disappointed that your experience was not enitrely to your satisfaction.

Feedback is really important to us and always very gratefully received. Thank you.

Your comments re: service have been brought to the attention of our bar and dining room managers and have been addressed. I would like to give you assurance that this is not usually the feedback that we receive and that we pride ourselves on our high standards of service and customer care.

I hope that you will return to stay with us again should you visit Ireland in the future.

With Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Maybe a good wedding venue, but a lousy travel hotel. Far away from downtown restaurants, small rooms, paper-thin walls so you can hear everyone getting off the elevator and chatting their way to their rooms all night long. The worst service I have experienced at any hotel anywhere in the world. They seem to have hired a pack of young depressed persons and give them no guidance whatsoever on how to attend to guest needs. We took a taxi to town for dinner, and went to the bar for a nightcap. The bar staff utterly ignored us. They would serve whoever stepped up to the bar and loudly demanded a drink, but continued to simply pile up dirty dishes and glasses where we were sitting patiently waiting for service at the bar. They were all surly, as if they were overworked, underpaid, and just dumped by the girlfriend. After a long wait, we gave up and left.

At breakfast, there were lots of young people walking around in uniforms, but they did not seem to be paying any attention at all to guests coming in and what they might need. Instead they were cleaning up newspapers or wiping crumbs from the buffet, constantly walking by our table with their eyes on the carpet. I had to get up and just about tackle one of them to request coffee. When a lady on crutches asked for a glass of water, they waved at the wall and said water should be in one of the jugs on the buffet (it was not), and when she asked another one for some jam, the response was the same (should be on the buffet--it was not). Eventually, a glass of water and bowl of jam were delivered, only after verification that these things were not out and readily available to the able bodied. I don't blame the kids. They seem to be getting no supervision or training of any sort, which is too bad, as the experience would be better for all if they had some guidance.

I agree with one reviewer who said how nice it is to get a sheet and blanket, instead of a heavy comforter. But in summary, I would not recommend this place to anyone--it is the total opposite of an uplifting experience. Have had FAR better times at MUCH less expensive B&Bs.

2  Thank globetrotter61_12
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We booked 3 nights in one of the dog friendly rooms. It was great that we could sit in the lobby to have dinner & a drink & have our dog Sam safely beside us. We went to Barna Woods at the hotels suggestion for a walk each day it was lovely. Our Sam was very much the celebrity in the lobby few could pass him without a pat on the head. I guess more & more people are comfortable with it. We will be back.
There was a wedding on our last night. Corridor was very noisy during the night with doors slamming but I can hardly blame the staff on that.

Dear 'T900i',

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

We love when all of our guests enjoy their stay with us - including the family pet.

We very much appreciate your comments here on tripadvisor and hope that you will come back to stay with us again in the future.

Best Regards,