All reviews eyre square great location train station triple room shop street full irish breakfast yogurt galway city pubs
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Initially the hotel assigned to me a room without taps mixer and with a faulty entrance door. I went to the reception and when I reported that the room I bought was with the taps mixer, as the picture shows, the receptionist answered me that in Ireland there are only two separated taps!!!(Probably 40 years ago!). I had a kind of discussion with the receptionist about this point and after this she realized that it was the case to change the room with a tap mixer bathroom. When I returned to my new room in the evening after all day out my room was quite cold. I checked the radiator and it was not warm even if the valve was fully opened. I could put my hand on it without feeling the heat. I called again the reception they sent up a maintenance who checked if the valve was opened and he said that it was at the maximum temperature (the same guy called a maintenance was serving also tables at the hotel pub). Clearly this guy couldn’t do anything more than that. We asked if we could have another heater otherwise was not possible stay in the room as it was very cold. The guy said: “I will ask”. After few minutes he came back with a heating fan that it was the only one to keep warm the room in fact the bathroom was quite cold because the small heating fan could keep warm only the room area. This kind of equipment is not admissible for a price of 107 euro per night!!

Stayed: February 2018
Mrs_D_Meehan, Front Office Manager at Eyre Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear MariaP

Thank you for your review and feedback of Eyre Square Hotel. Please accept our apologies if we were unable to meet your expectations. All information received is reviewed and systems implemented to make improvements. We were sorry to hear that you would not accept our offer of a return visit.

Once again thank you for your review of Eyre Square Hotel

Reviewed 29 January 2018

This hotel is in a good location in Galway - easy to find if you are driving to Galway or take the bus/train. There was a construction during the time we stayed in early December 2018, so it was loud and there's a smelling of paints all day and night. The receptionist was ok -they can answer your questions if you need to ask them something, not too friendly. The room we had was ok and just enough for two nights - basic and nothing fancy for the budget hotel. And our room was by the housekeeping room, so in the morning we can hear the maids were going in and out and slamming the door. We did not eat at the hotel, but there was a convenient store centra right across from the hotel. Hotel is not too far to walk into the city and to do sightseeing.

Stayed: December 2017
3  Thank Yamaratee1

Dear Yamaratee1

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. We are currently refurbishing the hotel. This is a necessary updating of the hotel facilities. We strive to ensure that this does not disrupt our guests stay as much as possible. I apologise if the accommodation assistance affected stay and will ensure that this does happen in future. We are very conveniently located adjacent to the bus and rail stations and close to all the city has to offer.

Thanks again for your review

Kindest regards

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Hotel was perfect! Cheap and cheerful in a great location and spotlessly clean! When I'm back in Galway I would definately return here. Less than five minutes to the Latin quarter but just far enough away to avoid the noise! Ideal.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prodgers100

Dear Prodgers100

Thank you sincerely for your lovely review. We are very conveniently located near to all the city night life and shopping. We strive to ensure an extremely high standard of cleaning, meals and customer care. We are delighted to hear that you will return to us again.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here a few times,very nice,rooms have been upgraded and are very comfortable,great breakfast choice,and great location,very reasonable prices.Galway has plenty to offer,buses are handy to hop on and off of.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jill D

Dear Jill D

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to send us a fantastic review. We are delighted to hear that you are one of our regular customers and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Thanks again for your lovely comments.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel exceeded my expectations! The room was newly renovated and huge in comparison to pictures. The location is perfect, the bar is great and the staff are lovely & very friendly. Will definitely stay here again. Highly recommend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katherinehanlon1991

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review Eyre Square Hotel. We greatly appreciated your lovely comments and delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Eyre Square Hotel