“Nice place”

and 1 more site!
Woodquay Hostel
Ranked #41 of 60 Speciality Lodging in Galway
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I stayed here 4 weeks ago for 4 nights...Located on the outskirts of Galway city, near the harbour..Staff friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast with mulitple choice. Good sized dining area. Made a lot of friends there, from across the globe...Would definitely return there...Hostel also orginises day trips and walking tours....

Room Tip: Choose a 8 bunk room, if travelling alone...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ger H

Reviewed 11 June 2017

This hostel is normal-looking, in the sense that it´s not luxurious or anything...but i am rating it high because:
-The staff was very, very kind, letting me print my tickets for free in their system, and letting me stay all day at the living room using wifi and having my snacks, also gave me some milk even when I had checked out...That´s why I write about flexibility....also very kind in giving explanations about everything I asked.

-The fact of coming in and out of the hostel to and from the kitchen and living room without necessarily passing by reception, made me feel like at home, and it was very easy meeting people with that format of living room /kitchen.

-The bathroom was big and you had everything there..the shower and toilets. I personally feel uncomfy when i have these showers in a row, and the sinks and toilets separately...I love being in hostels where I have a single bathroom for everything and it feels like at home.

-It was also clean and the beds were comfy.

And all for only 13 euros through hostelworld (not directly through the hostel.) So, even if it´s not beautiful or lux, which I know, I value all these things.

Room Tip: book through hostelworld, it´s cheaper than through the hotel (4 € cheaper)
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

This hostel was exactly what you expect for what you pay, relatively clean and in a great location the only thing is the staff could of been a bit more friendly! The woman working that we checked in with was just not very interested but more interested in eating her lunch at the desk!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I was part of a stag group that stayed in The Woodquay Hostel on the &th and *th of April. I have to say that the staff are excellent and extremely helpful, the facilities are very good when you consider that you are paying 25 euro per night and it is in a great location where you are central to everything as you are one street away from Eyre Square. I genuinely recommend this hostel as I organised this stag trip and from the start to the finish of dealing with this hostel, it was nothing but completely an easy and an extremely competently professionally organised process from the Woodquay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2017

The walls were literally crying. The humidity, coldness and indifference of the room made this wonderful spectacle happen. Only comparable with the Northern Lights.

The laundry room was working all night long (2 industrial dryers and washing machines). So it was the kitchcen!. Such a joy for your ears when you´re trying to sleep.

The room was in between the kitchen, the laundry room and a colective toilet. A real noisy and smelly festival. And just in front of a fire exit that was locked, Safety First.

And let´s say that the staff was more or less like the breakfast, not that bad, but with a big big big big gigaenormous room for improvement.

I was supposed to stay there another night, but i am not that insane. Booked on another Hostel in Galway and had a healthy-peacefull night.

Room Tip: Choose any room... ... in other Hostel!!!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo