US$183
US$169
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$199
  • Restaurant
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$261
Travelocity
US$269
2,985 results
All reviewsprom restaurantsea viewgreat hotelleisure centregalway baybus stopbar foodwedding receptiongreat facilitiessalt hillwould highly recommend this hotelboth nightstop classenjoyable staylovely roomhotel barfamily room
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed while a wedding reception was in progress. Our bedroom was over the reception room and toilets , so we had very little sleep. Even when the band and disco finished the sound of the hand dryer in the toilets went on for hours and started again very early in the morning. As the hotel was full, a change of rooms was impossible. The receptionist who was most apologetic, took our details and assured us the manager would be in contact. Why were we not surprised that we never heard from him??
While the actual bedroom was fine, the corridoors were very narrow and quite shabby.
The breakfast was also poor.

Room Tip: chose top floor away from the ballroom
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deirdre t
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Pros: nice big rooms, good beds, friendly, helpful staff, nice bar, decent food. Cons: rooms a bit underlit and underequipped - somewhat gloomy and not great if you need to do any work. Nice location overlooking the sea, shame there's a car park in the way. Not bad, not great either.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rjmachin
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We attendet for a wedding and stayt for 1 night on december 16/ 2011.We never fellt more wellcome than in this hotel.Everything was fab and the staff fabules.I can recommend this Hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: book the seeside rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
ByrneHotelGroup, Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Dear GalwaY1969

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on the Salthill Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff fabulous, I will be sure to pass these comments to them.

We hope to welcome you back to the Salthill Hotel very soon.

Warm regards
Salthill Hotel Team

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Being originally from Salthill, it was a wonderful experience to stay in this beautiful hotel. It is ideally situated for a walk on the Prom or indeed right into town along the sea front. I had forgotten the bus was also on the doorstep so that was an added bonus. I found that the staff could be a little impersonal at times (long waiting at desk hoping you'll go away!). There was no obvious night time security that I could see which would concern me. There was a wedding on one of the nights and I was awoken by howling and shouting at 4am which lasted long enough for me to notice. But by and large I will always make this my home away from home! I may phone in advance to see if there is a wedding on!

Room Tip: Ask for Sea View away from any potential wedding party
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My partner and I stayed for one night at this lovely establishment and it was a truly lovely experience from check in to check out time. the food was fab, the staff were true ambassadors to the hotel. A credit to their manager. Defo a warm welcome will be waiting if you go to stay there. room was beautiful and the whole place was spotless and beautifully designed. Top scores to the running of the hotel. I can only highly recommend this fine well run hotel to anybody. My partner agrees totally as he is also a hotelier here in central and could not find any fault also. We are so looking forward to returning during the summer months again. Thanks to all the team and managment for a truly fab experience.

Room Tip: Try get a sea view if possible as we did and it was worth the view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidFitzgerald_12

Dear DavidFitzgerald_12

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of the Salthill Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay from check in to check out. I am thrilled that you found our food to be fab and that the staff were true ambassadors to the hotel, I will be sure to pass these comments onto the staff.

We hope to welcome you back to the Salthill Hotel in the Summer months