Free cancellation until 29/07
US$279
US$220
Sea-Breeze Lodge(Galway)
US$295
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$141
Orbitz.com
US$225
TripAdvisor
1,417 results
All reviewscity centrefree underground parkingthe penthousenice hotelthermal suitebusy roadspa treatmentsnext morningeyre squarebuffet breakfastduty managerbar foodhen partymin walkcar parkfood was lovelystayed here for one night
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed here as part of a tour group. The staff were very helpful and friendly, no small thing with a large group. Our room was comfortable and well appointed. The on premises restaurant had good (if not spectacular) food for those times when you just wanted to stay in. And the city center is just a short 10-15 minute walk for those who want go exploring. There are also shops close by for anything you might have left at home.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Stayed in this property for 4 nights as a couple. The hotel is much better if you are a family, as the hotel allows your children to sit separately and watch TV on their computer annoying customers during breakfast. Breakfast? Every morning we were asked if we had been there before. They never picked up our dirty dishes even though I stacked them and slid them to the edge of the table. Coffee? You serve yourself - waiting in line behind everyone else. Food? The buffet food was cold and the waitress was kind enough to zap our plates in the kitchen's microwave. At 200 Euros a night you can do WAY BETTER. This is not a 4 star hotel. They have no concierge - no help getting you a reservation for a restaurant. I argued with my British boyfriend about the 4 star rating stating in my American viewpoint it was a 3 star at the most. We are now paying 130 Euros a night in Macroon - outside Cork and the room is bigger, the art in the hotel is fun, the staff are helpful and actually make reservations for you. I highly recommend the Macroon Castle Hotel on Main Street and the Granville Restaurant - walking distance from the Macroon Castle Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017

I used to work at a hotel receptionist in Galway so I know how important it is the recognise staff when they do an amazing job. My boyfriend and I have visited The Absolute Spa at The Maldron twice in the last few months and I couldn't recommend it enough. The first visit was for my boyfriend's birthday - we had a couples treatment which included a private Jacuzzi & prosecco which was brilliant! The thermal suite facilities are fantastic, especially the steam room and the heated lounge seats. I had mentioned on arrival that it was a special occasion and the spa manager, Clodagh arranged for cake and prosecco to the waiting for us downstairs before we left - this was such a lovely touch. The bar and reception staff we encountered were very helpful. On booking my second visit Clodagh remembered us straight away which made us feel very welcome back. We had the same treatment (full body exfoliation and massage) and Clodagh and the spa team went over and above to make sure we were looked after. We were given the option to use the private Jacuzzi again after our treatment, as it just happened to be free and we received complimentary cocktails in the relaxation room after! The Absolute Spa has a lovely calm atmosphere, is beautifully decorated and has very friendly staff to help you organise your ideal treatment. Thank you ladies, we will be back again soon.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights and overall found it a disappointing experience.

First, the positives. The staff were very good, professional, obliging and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There is a good underground car park which has ample spaces in it.

Now the less positive and there are two areas where the Maldron disappointed.

Firstly the whole place including the rooms is starting to look rather tired and is in dire need of a refurb. There is also a cleaning issue in the bar area which stank of stale beer and was rather reminiscent of a pub after a bad night. The bar is also somewhat small.

Secondly the restaurant where food quality is poor and service below standard. I ordered a steak to done medium. It was a disappointingly tough steak: certainly nowhere near the Top 20 of steaks. My wife ordered a very tasty sounding chicken stir fry done in honey and lime. I was tempted myself. What turned up though was best quality (being sarcastic there!) home made style stir fry with noodles. It was very dark, black even. The honey and lime were undistinguishable and to be honest it looked like a student had done it by dumping a jar of black bean stir fry sauce in it. Very unimpressive.

On the second night I ordered the chicken supreme. In due course roast chicken and mash turned up: a different item off the menu. So my wife ate alone while I watched and then 20 minutes later I ate alone while she watched. Maybe a complimentary glass of wine for us or something similar would have been a nice gesture. Alas, no gestures were offered.

Overall an extremely average hotel.

Would I go there again? Probably not

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

My wife and I spent two nights at the Maldron hotel. We very much enjoyed our stay and only regret not staying longer in Galway. Arriving on Thursday evening, we were greeted by a very cheerful woman at the front desk who took the time to provide detailed directions and a map to nearby attractions for food, live music, etc. We got up early the next morning and had a lovely and filling breakfast before heading to catch a ferry to one of the Aran Islands. The woman at the front desk that morning also helped us contact the airline about missing luggage which was supposed to arrive at the hotel later that day. Following an amazing day bike riding all over Inishmore, we returned to find the luggage in our room. We checked-out after breakfast the next morning, looking forward to seeing the next portion of Ireland on our list, but also longing for more of charming Galway. We will definitely be coming back soon and would certainly stay at the Maldron again.

Room Tip: A short drive (or even walking distance) from the Galway Shopping Centre, cinema, and the dock (which features the Spanish Arch).
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple