2,222 results
All reviews tribes restaurant dunnes stores city centre nice hotel bar food bus service executive room top class busy road hotel bar bus stop kids club family room food was lovely hen party few drinks would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 21 May 2016

Was on business staying for 1 night checked in about 2 am after a 12 hour manual shift so was not able to check anything out woke up the next morning for breakfast and noticed traces of blood on my bed and also the bathroom did not come from me. went to breakfast at 7.10 in the morning and it was awful sausages must have been cooked the day before and reheated, work colleagues followed later and they said the exact same thing. will only stay here again if it is where my employer books me into but will try to go somewhere else

Room Tip: Not sure was not here long enough
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Dear kerrymcewan1,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay here in the Clayton Hotel. I'm sorry your stay wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been, I was disappointed to read about what you apparently discovered in your room. Certainly it's not the standard we strive for and you can see from previous reviews the reaction of other guests to the cleanliness of the rooms that it's not typical. That said, if we've slipped up I want to know, perhaps you could let me know which room you stayed in and when. I can be reached at rfitzpatrick@claytonhotels.com.

Best regards

Rory Fitzpatrick

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Room was very clean and spacious.
Food in bar was v average but what upset me most was the dirt on our salt and pepper pots. In fact when I looked atound all the condiments on the tables were filthly with fingerprints, dried on food. Same in the breakfast room, it completely turned me off my breakfast. More attention to detail is needed here. Need to step it up in terms of cleanliness.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

I visited recently with friends and couldnt hav enjoyed it more.On arrival we wer greeted with a big smile from Stephanie who went out of her way to accomadate us for the whole weekend.
We had excellent food in the bar and the staff wer all helpful and pleasant.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Room was adequate, very nice pool and sauna. Really enjoyed the breakfasts. Quite a way into the town and very heavy slow moving traffic. Therefore to keep things simple we booked the restaurant a couple of days before for our last nights stay. My wife and I came down to eat at 8pm as planned. The restaurant was dark and empty with nobody present so we went to ask at reception only to be informed the restaurant was closed. Standing their all dressed up with nowhere to go I asked why the reception team had taken my booking and not let me know of the closure so I could have made alternative arrangements but they obviously did not see this as their responsibility and I found the staff member quite smug and unhelpful. Instead we ended up having a very disappointing bar meal of rather poor quality which was quite expensive for what it was.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ntnog
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

I stayed here last month for a night on business. The room was of a good standard. I sat at the bar as no tables were free. It took a long time to get my order in despite the fact that I was sitting at the bar and several bar staff looked at me without asking if I would like to place an order. I have to say the older barman delivered poor, unfriendly service and didn't provide proper till receipts.
However... My current stay. The staff in the bar are very attentive and the service is excellent.
Unfortunately the toilet seat in my room is badly stained with old stains. I travel a lot for work and this rarely happens.

On the whole...I would stay here again for business...but not as a couple.

I must mention that the food was very good and was well priced. It is also well located. It has a small gym...so it ticks all of the boxes of the business traveler.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business