“Very comfortable”

Clayton Hotel Galway
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Stayed in the hotel for one night for a conference I was talking at. Nice room, warm and clean and the bed was, I think, the most comfy hotel bed I have ever slept in - you just sink into it!
Staff very helpful in setting up the room for my talk and for everything else - thank you.
Good cooked breakfast with plenty of choice.

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,029)

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We went to a wedding in Ireland which was held in the Clayton hotel, we decided to stay there for a few nights and met up with Family members and had a memorable time with pleasant accommodation good food and friendly staff

Room Tip: corners suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Just back from a weekend trip to Galway. Stayed in the Clayton Hotel from Friday 20th to Sunday 22nd October. Young couple (28 + 31).

Hotel is very attractive. On both the Friday and Saturday that we stayed there, there were weddings on. Setup looks beautiful for the weddings although the canapes reception for the Saturday wedding was in the lobby which I didn't like because it wouldn't be very private for guests (in my opinion). But beautifully decorated nonetheless and noise from the weddings was not an issue at all for us.

Stayed in a standard double room (Rm 361) which was a good size and very clean. Comfortable bed. Noise from traffic outside was a minor issue for me personally, I think perhaps the window needs to be resealed.

Had breakfast one morning (Saturday). Breakfast is €10 with a voucher from reception or €12.50 without a voucher. Had a full cooked breakfast and it was very tasty. Good selection of healthy options, pastries, juices etc. Located on 1st floor in the restaurant.

Location wise it is a little bit outside of Eyre Square. Took about 15 minutes in a taxi costing €12-14 each time, depending on the route taken by the driver but this was not an issue for us and there as no issue getting a taxi to take us back late at night.

Staff were very friendly, particularly the reception staff. Would definitely stay there again and would recommend to others. There is also a pool and leisure centre but we did not use these facilities.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lei R
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the Clayton Hotel mid week as part of a business trip in Galway. I arrived at 9 00pm and was able to avail of the bar food menu with a good selection of meals on offer.
Breakfast was delivered to my room within the time period selected. I had a late check out without extra charge as I had
business meetings for most of the day. This allowed me to return to the room at lunchtime to check out after freshening up
Rooms very comfortable. Great powershower. Lighting in the bathroom was excellent. Anti slipbath mat was provided for the shower. Bed very comfortable. Windows are soundproof blocking out the traffic noise from the dual carriageway out side the hotel. Very easy to access the hotel from Dublin motor way. No need to cross the city. Very good value for money.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Catherine C
Reviewed 18 October 2017

A modern hotel with a great location for bus service. The staff was very nice and helpful. We were able to book a tour right fromt he front desk and they picked us up right at the airport. We were able to eat dinner at the hotel bar both nights. We would have liked to eat at the restaurant but we were told they were closed for a tour group. We were disappointed with this. The breakfast selection was exceptional. There is a pool and exercise area, although we did not use them.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple