Clayton Hotel Galway
  • Restaurant
The Twelve Hotel(Barna)
US$199
US$193
College Crest Guest House(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$294
US$285
Hotels.com
US$183
Amber Hill Bed and Breakfast(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$122
Agoda.com
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$142
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$121
US$246
  • Breakfast included
Sea-Breeze Lodge(Galway)
US$290
2,079 results
All reviewstribes restaurantdunnes storescity centrenice hotelbar foodbus serviceexecutive roomleisure facilitiestop classbusy roadhotel barbus stopkids clubfamily roomenjoyable staywould highly recommend this hotelhen party
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the Clayton for the weekend of my Graduation with my friend. She had come down from Dublin for the weekend. We checked in late but we’re super delighted with our room it must have been upgraded as it looked like a superior room!!
The room was very spacious and ideal for a girls weekend away with the right amount of mirrors ☺️
Breakfast the next morning was nice. It was layed out nicely and nice selection although there was a few plates that weren’t clean.
The residents bar closes around 3am which I find to be a bit early but wasn’t a big deal ☺️
My only fault with the whole weekend was on Sunday morning we were woken up with very loud banging and construction work! I had called for a late checkout as we were so tired and the receptionist allowed us to stay until 1pm ☺️ I queried the banging and the receptionist (had a double name - possibly Laura-Ann?) she apologised and asked if we’d like to speak to a manager as they were placing new carpets on the floor above us! It wasn’t a big deal as the whole weekend was great minus them few hours but she was kind enough to take the breakfast charge off our room
Overall I was very happy with the pricing and quality of our stay and would definitely book this hotel in the future

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Just had an evening meal with my husband and three sons. Lovely meal served by a very friendly efficient waiter. The food was delicious and service was very quick. The waiter was very helpful and polite. All the family commented on how nice the waiter was, i think his name was Liam.. Definitely looking forward to returning soon.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Myself and my wife had stayed here before and were happy to return. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
The food was good and the waitress that served us was excellent...even the background music was perfect, very chilled out. Our room was also very comfortable.
It was perfect for a day trip away from Dublin, we will definitely be back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Nothing bad to say about this hotel. Great location and service. The room and beds were nice and comfortable. The breakfast was amazing, delicious, fresh, with lots of options. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The family room we got was huge very friendly staff but getting from our room to the underground car park you must go via reception also the breakfast.
Now come the very inconvenient:
At 23:00 our room (273) powerless - they couldn’t fix it due the main cable was damage or something which packed everything to be moved in the middle in the night with 3 children (8,5,2). Next room 373 the heating not working, called 5 times reception no answer need to go down personally, informed them about the with Error code 06, the guy (night shift ) said he will reset the main AC and it will work wait till 01:00 it didn’t work, the guy some brought the camp bed said he will get back with a heater but nope not a word or note!!! My energy was all out due need to bring my daughters to the competition and it been a long day for all of us - slept in cold with some jumper on for all of us!!
1, shower very bad for a family room it should be equipped with a shower with hose not attach to the ceiling.
2, no towel warmer (is this a 4*?!!)
3, Toilet every bad attached to the wall you can see the cracks,
4, at room 373, some socket switch didn’t work (I think at close to television)
5, the table lamp at left side, on/of switch was broken and fix with some mask tape! thank god I didn’t get a electric shock or my children. I unplugged to switch it off!!
Oh well that’s all for my 2 night staying with my family which spent most of the hours out doors and was looking forward to a good night sleep but it turned into a night mare!! 10/11/2017-12/11/2017
We booked this with a large group of 40plus people!! So I think we got worst room ever! This is not a family friendly hotel! I would rank it a 2* just because kids live the breakfast of joy I would rank it 1* for all experience above.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family