Clayton Hotel Galway
The Western Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$162
US$223
  • Restaurant
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$236
US$205
Radisson Galway
  • Breakfast included
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$142
US$213
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$117
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$146
TripAdvisor
2,060 results
All reviewstribes restaurantdunnes storescity centrenice hotelbar foodbus serviceexecutive roomleisure facilitiestop classbusy roadhotel barbus stopkids clubfamily roomenjoyable staywould highly recommend this hotelhen party
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2017

I recently stayed in the hotel for just one night, it was not my first choice but due to high demand for hotels in the city options were limited. That said I have stayed in the Clayton Galway before with no complaints, so other than location I was quite happy to stay here again. However, I thought the hotel in comparison to other Claytons around the country in which I have stayed needs perhaps an upgrade.
I took a room only rate so I could have a lie in and not have to get up too early for breakfast the next morning. This lie in was short lived as I was disturbed by loud continuous banging along with loud talking up to the point of checking out of the room. It was only when I came out of my room and almost collided with workmen carrying a roll of carpet that I realised what the noice actually was. It was quite a challenge getting from my room to the lift with rolls of carpet and equipment filling the corridor. At no point on making the reservation or checking in at reception was I informed that there would be work being carried out on a Sunday morning on the floor I was staying on. I had paid on check in so just dropped my key in the box avoiding the ques on check out and didn't get the opportunity to mention this to reception. I have to say I was disappointed with my recent stay, surely the front desk would have been aware of all scheduled work being carried out in the hotel and should be informing guests.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2017

Staying in this hotel for over 10 years every five weeks and service and value are great. Staff are always friendly. Good buzz in bar. 10 minutes taxi to city. Perfect for access to both into cuty and for leaving city

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Last weekend myself & 5 others visited your bar for some dinner.
We placed our order @ 3.55pm. Two members of our group ordered a starter.
The soup came out @ 4.25pm, it was freezing cold. They sent it back came back around 4.35pm. It was a seafood chowder, it did come back hot but with very little fish. The two people who are it said that it had been the worst seafood chowder they had ever had.
5.15pm roles around and we still have no sign of our dinner. We asked staff 4 times where are food was and that we had waited a very long time! The staff were very apologetic and kind, I know it wasn't their fault it was the kitchens. One gentlemen came to tell us the delay was with the mash. We said we could live without mash just hurry up with our dinner. Eventually dinner arrived 5.25pm, no manager had come to us at this point to ask was everything ok or check in or even apologize. Two people ordered the beef dinner, when it arrived it was missing items that it had mentioned on the menu. Honestly at this point we couldn't of cared we just ate the dinner to get out of the place. The dinner was cold, and missing items. We made ourselves known to a manager to express that we felt that we had been offered extremely poor service. He was nice about it, seemed very text book response not genuine care or concern. But non the less he offered us a discount on the cost. It was a nice touch but didn't turn around the poor dinner & service we just received.
We had planned on all ordering deserts but in fear we would be sitting another hour we all just decided to call it a day.
When looking around the bar, we saw a lot of similar expressions as ours, pissed off waiting for food just as long as us. It seemed like everyone just wanted to leave.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2017

4in a row and looking forward to 5. Thank you Stephanie for your greeting to the 3 of us.It is so nice to be recognised immediately as it was a year ago since we were staying in the hotel.We are 3 retired people who have been coming here for the last four years and each time is better.We love the Clayton as it is home from home With the new motorway we can be in the hotel in 20 minutes.Wishing you and all the nice staff every success and a peaceful Christmas.

Room Tip: Ask at reception
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the Clayton for the weekend of my Graduation with my friend. She had come down from Dublin for the weekend. We checked in late but we’re super delighted with our room it must have been upgraded as it looked like a superior room!!
The room was very spacious and ideal for a girls weekend away with the right amount of mirrors ☺️
Breakfast the next morning was nice. It was layed out nicely and nice selection although there was a few plates that weren’t clean.
The residents bar closes around 3am which I find to be a bit early but wasn’t a big deal ☺️
My only fault with the whole weekend was on Sunday morning we were woken up with very loud banging and construction work! I had called for a late checkout as we were so tired and the receptionist allowed us to stay until 1pm ☺️ I queried the banging and the receptionist (had a double name - possibly Laura-Ann?) she apologised and asked if we’d like to speak to a manager as they were placing new carpets on the floor above us! It wasn’t a big deal as the whole weekend was great minus them few hours but she was kind enough to take the breakfast charge off our room
Overall I was very happy with the pricing and quality of our stay and would definitely book this hotel in the future

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends