“Fabulous restaurant in the heart of Killarney”
Review of Bricin Restaurant

Bricin Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 198 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Set above Bricín Shop, Bricín Restaurant and Boxty House is a well known name on the lips of many people. Opened in November 1991, its popularity is down to the fine food produced by Owner/Chef Paddy McGuire and by the warmth of welcome and hospitality shown front of house by Owner Johnny McGuire. Between them they have an exceptional product that has been 21 years plus in the making.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I searched for the best restaurants in Killarney several months prior to our visit and the fabulous reviews convinced me that Bricin was the perfect place to take my daughters to experience a traditional Irish dinner. We were not disappointed. The service was extremely friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The food was yummy. My daughters had the Boxty with chicken and I had the pork. If you want to experience traditional Irish food in a lovely atmosphere, we highly recommend Bricin...and would return. Also, make sure you leave time to browse in the shop on the ground floor. It is more high end crafts than touristy and it was one of the nicest shops in the entire town.

2  Thank Mona S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,653)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a large group of 18 from overseas for June 14, 2018, and Paddy graciously responded to my email request with offers of available times and welcomed us warmly when we arrived. The food and service were impeccable - everyone was delighted with their meal - from the scallops to the lamb and chicken boxty to the luscious desserts; my husband said it was probably the best lamb he's ever had. The atmosphere is not too elegant and not too casual, and not too loud - you can carry on a conversation without shouting.

You must try this restaurant - but I recommend making reservations, as it is very (deservedly) busy.

2  Thank UT_Budget_Traveler
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I don't know if this is the best restaurant in Killarney but I don't think one you should miss. Be sure to come early...as soon as they open...5 PM if possible. And make a reservation, because Bricin fills up fast. The first night I had the lamb and vegetable Boxty (a unique potato pancake that is more like a crepe will a choice of fillings). The second night I had the rack of lamb. Both meals were exceptional and the service, though a bit hurried, was excellent.

2  Thank bbonzaiTexas
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a most memorable experience in Bricín. From the moment we arrived we were given the famous Killarney welcome. The wine selection was exquisite and the food worthy of a Michelin star. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank kenkeohane
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If your visiting Killarney this restaurant is one of the best. I had the boxty and it was delicious. The brushetta was the best I've had anywhere. The atmosphere was so relaxing and the service was next to none. Also I can't forget to mention the staff who are very friendly and welcoming, a trip to Killarney isn't the same without a visit to this restaurant. I would highly recommend it but you should book a table beforehand as its always so busy.

2  Thank danjer38