“Lunch”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely Sunday lunch here with a friend staff are very friendly and food is great. Exceptionally clean from restaurant to toilets. Very big portions but overall good meal experience. Would recommend and would visit again.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Stumbled upon this lovely Restaurant while waiting to meet our Family.
They accommodated a large group of us and looked after us they food was delicious and we were very well looked after.
Would go back there again.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I alway avoid giving only one star but this time I have to. Food was pre cooked and definitely microwaved. Starters- combined starters plate for nearly €22 was very poor, dry, rubbery and worse than ready food that you can buy from supermarket for 1/3 of that price. They brought us two opened beers while we ordered only one beer and two glasses of orange juice. We asked them to bring our daughter's meal with main courses but they brought it 2 minutes later even before starters. Her chicken noodles were not edible- microwaved and rubbery- €7.50. Main courses- duck and beef were rubbery, also microwaved and tasteless. Duck was very dry- €17.90 and beef was extremely chewy- €14.90.
Service was very poor. I waved to the waitress to call her over, she waved me back and stayed were she was. She was walking around the place like a guard but no one bothered to ask us if everything was okay. At the end we noticed that they put two beers on our bill. We had to ask waitress to correct it. Really awkward visit. We didn't feel comfortable in there. It was constant struggle and food was really awful. We spent €85 for this overpriced microwaved food and horrible experience. Definitely won't come back and we do not recommend this place to anyone.

2  Thank Elievic
Reviewed 25 May 2018

The Imperial Hotel was our home base. On Main Street (or Kenmare Place), a one way street, look for the 1960s Mustang front end protruding from the facade (really!!) above the sign for Innisfallen Shopping Mall. Turn left here; the Genting Thai is in here. Turn in next to The Flesk Restaurant and Tourist Office. Enter down the "sketchy" hallway--trust me, this is just a funky looking mall entrance. Genting Thai's ambiance and decor transported us a world away from Killarney, and that's no killarney. The only element missing was incense scent wafting through the air. Unfortunately we were seated in the bar / entrance half of the restaurant-but that is the only negative I have. Our waitress and busboy were very attentive and helpful (and our waitress proved a good photographer). Not to be confused with a habachi, a hot plate (see photo) is placed on table and all warm items are placed on it to be kept warm. Truth be told, the steak sa-te appetizer and my crispy chicken w/veggies was delicious. Wife commented how tender her chicken was. Service sizes are large. The food here was so good that we had no "take-home." Don't let the location dissuade you; Genting Thai is the real deal. After dinner keep walking about 3-4 blocks with the flow of vehicular traffic. There are numerous pubs, drug stores, and souvenir shops....

1  Thank Gus H
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I have never been in a restaurant that makes food so bland, tastes and does not use real meats for they food. I ordered a starter combination, Ribs were just a 1 bone and fat! instead of thai cakes, pork meat and crab coated prawns I got some kind of rubbery structure flavored thing. I wasn't the only one, not enjoying it table next to me made the same mistake of ordering it. 20€ for this pleasure. As I main course I had chicken and person that was with me prawns. Chicken was cold, pre-cooked, heated in microwave and cut into the jelly sause, very bland and amateurish. Prawns were salty it was impossible to eat them, with few veg around.We left with nothing eaten paying 60€ for this. I was absolutely shocked with the standard of the dishes we got. Not sure but it looked like chefs are away on holidays. Never going there again and not recommending it to anyone... Even kids would know how to cook better. Absolute joke!

2  Thank Artur W