Book In Advance

from US$13.80
from US$80.60
from US$57.60
More Info
All reviews small boat sika deer boat trip monastery ruins ross castle lough leane this lovely island peaceful place history lesson few hours interesting history killarney national park lovely walk beautiful scenery the gap herd boats
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We loved the walk around this island. The area is so picturesque but to stop on an island in the middle of this lake to find an old abbey was magical.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We arrived at Ross castle and tried to get a boat ride to the Island, but we were not able to since all the boats were booked for a few hours out. Visiting the Island was the one thing on our list, and we thought that we were going to miss out ,., however after wandering the grounds we discovered a smaller boat launch off to the side ( I really wish I could remember the the gentleman's name ) we hired a boat to just take us to the island , while heading out we got a good history lesson and some local stories, he offered to drop us off and come back at any time or sit and wait for 30 min we opted for the 30 min since we really didn't know what to expect - looking back I wish I packed a picnic lunch as we could have spent hours on the Island - moving to the other side as tours were dropped off to look at the abbey.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

A superb setting with every changing backdrop. Incredible location, local walks and wildlife, Highly recommend

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We to Ross castle to get the boat to the island. When we got to the island we saw the old abbey. We saw a lot of things like flowers and plants, tree's. We did the walk around the island and saw a lot of beautiful things on the way around the island.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank michael c
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We hired a motorboat to take us out - what an incredible place! The quiet, the deer, the ruins - this is a magical place. Our boat let us stay for 1/2 hour, but if I were doing it again, I'd row out myself and spend at least an hour in the quiet - maybe bring a picnic blanket. Or ask the motorboat for more time. Don't miss this!

Date of experience: June 2017