1,448 results
All reviews piano bar the underground car park lovely hotel leisure centre executive room two nights centre of town residents bar top class loved this hotel central location steam room pubs and restaurants reception area enjoyable stay ring of kerry ross castle
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Stayed at the Plaza on Saturday night last very central location hotel spotless and the breakfast was amazing especially the mushrooms and the way they were cooked.

Had an evening meal also staff very friendly and meal was fab and keenly priced

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paramedic999
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Myself and 3 friends had booked into the plaza hotel last Saturday. As we are from kerry and the main road were fine we decided to enjoy our long planned night away. The hotel reception is fantastic and the room was grand. We had booked a package to include dinner and OMG it has to be the worse meal I had in a long time. The menu had a lot of fish options even the soup had cod in it. I asked could we eat from the bar menu but the waitress told me the chef would do anything and to try the soup as it is fab, 2 of got the soup and the other two goats cheese.. I have never tasted something so bland and the cod has literrally turned me off cod. The goats cheese was cold and both of my friends did not eat it. One of my friends works in a Bistro in Listowel and knows all about food. The mains had nothing to my liking so again the chef did chicken supreme, honestly 2 of us got this it was a breast of chicken on the bone with beetroot or red cabbage sauce, dried cous cous and the only veg was red cabbage. My friend got Brill and again nothing impressive. my other friend got steak and that was good tg The chips were the best thing. Then we had deserts, we ordered 4 different ones and I would have to same they came out of the freezer as they were not fresh. I know there were no deliveries on the Friday and maybe saturday because of the storm and I think there was only 30 or 40 staying but if this was a problem we should have been told to reschedule. However the morning after for breakfast we were pleasantly surprised as it was fab. The chef on duty did above and beyond and made fab omelettes. I would stay in the hotel again but I would go to a different restaurant.

Room Tip: If you want room facing the church pick one with 04 at the end
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank CarmelC1967
PlazaManagement, Manager at Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello CarmelC1967,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay in our hotel.

We are delighted to hear that your experience with our reception staff was of high standard. We will ensure to pass on your kind words to the reception and porter team.

Thank you also for mentioning our rooms. One of our main goals is to ensure that each guest feels comfortable and relaxed so it is great to see that our housekeeping staffs hard work is paying off!

We hope you had time to visited our award winning spa? We have monthly offers which I highly recommend you check out!

We are so sorry to hear that your meal in our restaurant was not to your liking. Our chefs do their very best to provide dishes that will suit a variety of preferences. I do hope that this will not deter you from returning to The Killarney Plaza Hotel. We have three dining options in our hotel: Restaurant Petrus, Plaza Bar & Grill and Café Du Parc so there is plenty of options to choose from.

With regards to dessert, we have pastry chefs who come in to make only the freshest of homemade desserts each morning. Again, I sincerely apologise that these dishes were not to your taste.

Our breakfast is definitely en route to being world famous! We provide a selection of hot and cold dishes, pastries, juices and cereals to make sure you're all set for the day ahead.

Should you find that you would like to discuss any of these details further please email management@killarneyplaza.com or call us on 0616621100.

Kind Regards,
Keira Finucane
Management

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Good location bed extremely comfortable lack of tea coffee making facilities was disappointing breakfast is that cursed buffet but wasn’t bad for a buffet I wonder will all the marble date all in all not a bad place but some way behind the park

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

This wasn’t the first time I stayed in this hotel but it needs some improvement to truly call itself 4 Star. To only have one bar open until 4pm on Sunday with only brunch on offer was poor, you couldn’t even get a sandwich. The rooms themselves were fine but are starting to become dated, had no minibar the “view” was of a laneway overlooking someone else’s room...

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank andrewDublin_Ireland
Reviewed 26 February 2018

First thing I need to say is, that we were just having (wonderful) breakfast there so I can't possibly say anything about the rooms or the hotel itself except what i sawlooked really classy and nice.

So we were staying in Killarney for a few days some time ago and were told that if we wanted to have some good irish breakfast we should go to the plaza. The breakfast was served as buffet with self service but everything was fresh, delicious (especially those smile-producing creme-champignons) and refilled fast.
We were served drinks by this charming spanisch girl Raquel which explained some of the rather strange irish dishes (black pudding I'm looking at you!) and generally was really helpful and also funny.

I'm definitely coming back next time I visit Ireland!

the reason I'm writing this review is because I promised the receptionist when I was paying and complimenting the kitchen.
It's a little bit late as I was just remembering when I was talking to colleagues about Ireland, sorry man!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Finsterbua
PlazaManagement, Manager at Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hi Finsterbua,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review about our buffet breakfast and the excellent service you got with it.

Our breakfast is one of the most talked about topics with regards to our hotel. We aim to offer a variety of dishes from continental breakfast to our hearty full Irish breakfast to ensure that every visitor is looked after.

Delighted to hear that you tried the black pudding. It is far too delicious to leave Ireland without trying it!

Raquel will be so delighted with such a lovely review and with the lovely things you had to say about her. I will make sure they are passed onto her.

We look forward to having you back the next time you visit Killarney!

Kind Regards,