All reviews homemade scones her husband great location a quiet residential area small refrigerator minute walk satellite tv within walking distance to town single room ring of kerry porridge room was large and comfortable perfect place to stay front of the house wonderful hosts off street parking plenty of hot water
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We stayed at Algret House for one evening, but I wish I had a week there. Greta is a lovely hostess who has created a welcoming atmosphere at Algret House. The room was spotless and comfortable (including the bathroom), and the breakfast was delicious - especially the fresh baked scones! We would stay there again and we recommend you do, too!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2017

We just love this B&B. Greta and her husband are absolutely wonderful hosts. The fresh baked scones are to die for. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Less than a 10 minute walk into town for dining and shopping. We stayed for 2 days and felt like we stayed with friends. This is a perfect place to stay for exploring Kerry. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Ireland.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017

This was our third B&B on our two week trip following the Wild Atlantic Way around the coast of Ireland. The hostess, Greta was very attentive and sweet. The house, room, and importantly the bathroom were immaculately clean. As all the B&B's we used! I found our room a bit small with what felt like was wall to wall beds and warm for sleeping. Bathroom in our room was small but functional. Would recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Another B&B was recommended to me, but it was booked up so I than had to find one. Lonely Planet has this listed as one of their recommended so I looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to book. I am so happy I did. It was only about a 10 minute walk into the center of town. Great location for exploring the area around Killarney. We wish we would have stayed a week instead of only 2 days. The house is clean and comfortable. Greta is a wonderful host. Both of us loved the breakfasts and conversion. I would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I learned about Algret House when I was looking at places to stay in Killarney on Tripadvisor. I was so happy that they had room availability for when I was going to be in town. I was in Room 10 and I had already known it was the smallest of the rooms. I was traveling solo and mostly exploring so I needed the room to sleep, shower and recuperate. I was checking in late and Greta was more than accommodating. When I arrived she was friendly and informed me about the house and gave me a dinner suggestion in town (Murphy's Pub) where she said they would also be doing live Irish music. Food was good and the band was great! Traditional Irish music! Greta had also asked me about my interests and when I told her I was enjoying the church ruins she told me that I was going to want to see Muckross Friary. It was amazing!! It was more intact than other ruins I had seen and it had a yew tree in the middle of the building. Hot fresh breakfast every morning with coffee and tea and cold cereal, yogurt, fruit and juices, toast and fresh baked scones. There is a refrigerator for guests to share and a good deal of parking for guests. It is a short walk into town (less than 10 minutes) and the walk is quite comfortable. I would stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Solo travelers should look at Room 10, small and economical
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo