“Hidden Gem on the High St!”

Khao Asian Street Food
Ranked #16 of 198 Restaurants in Killarney
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Description: We are an Asian street food restaurant in the heart of Killarney town. Our menu covers various aspects of Asian cuisine which has something for every palate. We refrain from the use of chemicals and other harmful additives which can be considered detrimental to ones health. We use the freshest ingredients from local markets and encourage the prosperity of the local economy.
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

After climbing Carrauntoohil in the wind and rain, starving and in need of food and shelter. We made the great decision of wandering into this restaurant. We were greeted by a warm friendly smile from the waitress who was able to explain the menu in great detail and offered great recommendations on our preferences. Our food arrived promptly and was exceptionally good. My Thai chilli prawns for side were so fresh, My red duck curry was huge and delicious, all our group were happy with their dishes and the price. Ps. You don't need to climb mountains to enjoy this food! We will be back

2  Thank Michael T

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We came to Khao after a long walk of 30km in the National Park. We were welcomed very friendly by the staff. We ordered our food and it was there in 5 minutes! It was soooo good! It was very tasteful and presented very nice!

2  Thank Lindsay C
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I love Asian street food so I was expecting great things from here and I wasn't disappointed. I went here on a busy Saturday evening and was lucky get a table without a reservation. I would recommend booking though as it was very busy. I couldn't decide what to order, wanted everything on the menu. I went for the duck stir fry and and a glass of malbec. I asked the waitress, who was very friendly, helpful and professional, to recommend a side dish I told her that I liked spicy dishes. She recommended the chilli prawns and they were hot. Waitress were on hand topping up the water without having to ask for it. I thoroughly enjoyed the food here and it was reasonably priced. I can't to return with my friends as there is a whole menu I want to try.

3  Thank kerryjayc
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Slap bang in the middle of the Tourist Town of Killarney, we were not expecting great shakes and ended up being very pleasantly surprised. The menu was imaginative, the food excellent and the service spot on and very polite. We didn't book in advance but it wasn't a problem and the Cappuccino at the end of the meal was probably one of the best that I have ever had in Ireland. Well worth a visit if you wan't a change from Bacon & Cabbage.

2  Thank Keith150
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Visited this after a match before catching train home. No problem getting table - place is deceptively huge.
Menu a little unusual as most dishes have one kind of meat - so could get green curry with chicken or red curry with duck but not opposite.
The food was really good. Staff lovely and were rushed off their feet and still found time for everybody.
Definitely be back.