All reviewspirate petesfamily holidaywashing machineswimming poolshop on siteleisure centrebasketball courtastro turf pitchlarge playgroundthe cottageskids entertainmentbed houselight bulbsgames roomevery eveningfridge freezerleather couches
Reviewed 10 June 2016

We are just home from 3 night stay with my husband and two kids age 4 & 1. We were staying in one of the newer houses and we were disappointed. Although it was relatively clean the bedding and couch were old and shabby and beds weren't comfortable. None of the rooms had any blinds, there was only light curtains which had us all wake every morning at 520am when the sun came up. The supplies were very limited. We only had one peg for washing and two hangers. When we asked for pegs we did get them straight away. The staff were helpful and friendly. We thought the houses would have a private garden but we just had a bench at the back of the house but it wasn't private and the kids couldn't go out on their own to play.
The swimming pool was good and kids loved it there. The beach is very close.
On our first day we went to the indoor play centre and we had to leave after 10 minutes. The ball pool for toddlers had children age 8+ in it messing and it wasn't safe for my two kids! We didn't return. The playground was fine for my 4 year old but there wasn't anything for the younger toddlers. There was no food served in the pub, the only food was in the diner/chipper. The shop had very little stock and was over priced. Overall we wouldn't recommend the resort if you are looking to stay on site. We used it as a base really. We left a day early as the kids just weren't able to sleep with the light so I would definitely recommend bringing a blackout blind.

Room Tip: Bring a black out blind if you have kids
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Fiona M
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

My family and I recently spent 2 nights at Banna Beach Resort for our kids birthdays.

The staff were nice and polite and the swimming pool is clean and well maintained. However the self catering accomodation was very spartan. It was a little disappointing but adequate.

Bring everything you need such as washing up liquid, towels etc with you. The shop on site is not that well stocked so pick up a shop in Tralee.

The kids playground was great and there's also an indoor pirate themed one if its raining. There's also an all weather sports pitch for soccer or basketball.

We used Banna Beach Resort mainly as base to explore this part of Kerry. Ardfert Cathedral is spectacular and there's a lovely pub doing fantastic food just on the Tralee side of ardfert, just look for the "Illy" coffee sign.

Explore Ballyheigue down the road, there's anice cafe just up from the beach. Also check out The Windmill at Blennerville and take a trip out to see Fungi the dolphin in dingle. The aquarium in Dingle is also excellent.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank rorycorbett
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

I paid to go for a swim, the changing rooms are old smell bad and badly need an upgrade. I wouldn't take my children there. As I was swimming in a roped off lane a group of children started playing in the lane, I asked the lifeguard/ swimming instructor to move the kids and he said, 'No! They are doing a lesson' I asked could he open another lane and he said 'No'. How's that for customer service? As I left the pool after swimming I cut my foot on a broken tile on the steps.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Manannanmaclir
Reviewed 26 April 2016

This place is great for a family fun time. We had a family of 7 which rented one of the cottages here. 3 lovely double bedrooms and they were kind enough to put in an extra camp bed for our son.
The cottages come with everything you need for a self contained holiday. We have been here a few times in both Winter and Summer (well Spring). You have an open fire, central heating. Fully functional kitchen and 2 showers. The 2 bathrooms were certainly useful. I dibbed the en-suite....
2 mins drive or 10 mins walk to the beach and the park which the cottages are situated in have access to the hotel bar and restaurant as well.
Lovely place and I will return.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Darren_R_Beckett
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

This is a busy place. ..has everything a family needs.. from poolside to 5 a side.
Only thing is the bathrooms and public areas are starting to look a bit tired and grubby. Needs updating. Other than that ..its very good.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends