“Excellent Tapas”

Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Grapevine Tapas Bar is Kilkenny's favourite casual dining venue.Great food, music and service.
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Myself and my husband eat here all the time and the service, food and wine are always excellent. The only downside is what appears to be the restaurant supervisor/manager he could do with a bit of work on his personality, he's not the friendliest and always makes me feel that he'd rather be somewhere else. As a result after usually having a great meal, I leave with a slight feeling of dissatisfaction that what should have been a great evening was just ok! But the food and wine always brings me back in.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

We had wandered into The Grapevine one Saturday night without a reservation and were told the restaurant was fully booked and turned away at the door. The place looked nice and I thought it must be really good considering it was booked out so we decided we make a reservation the next time we were in Kilkenny.
Unfortunately the place didn't live up to our expectations. The food is fairly bland and the service, although friendly, was very slow. The wine was good and the atmosphere was ok. Toilets right outside the kitchen a bit of a turn off. Would not be rushing back...

1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

We visited without a reservation, but were given a lovely table. Good service but should check in on customers a little more often perhaps, really tasty food and the wine of the month was a winner!!! A bit drafty around the entrance, but the ambience is really cosy!!! Delighted we visited!!

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We were hoping for something a little more Italian judging by the name, but it was a cute little locals place so we sat and had a glass of wine before moving on.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

My partner and I travelled from Galway for a mid week break and stumbled across grapevine. Wine choice was fantastic and good even better. We had 6 dishes between us with chirizo in red wine being the best. I would highly recommend this place and we will be back! Very friendly staff also. Big thumbs up!!!