“A lovely Treat”
Review of Zuni

Zuni
Ranked #5 of 254 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is classy and quirky, the staff are very welcoming! My husband and I still talk about how delicious breakfast was, we travel a lot and no where measures up! We had lunch in the bar which was super delicious, we are looking forward to trying the restaurant and staying at zuni again :)

1  Thank Nicheallaigh
Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Haven't been here for three years, what a shock when entered, we thought the place looked great before but WOW what a transformation, now stylish, warm and classy without the price tag. The service and food still consistantly outstanding. A very warm welcome from Paul and his team, Tracey Head Chef and her team delivered food to die for. So much so we are going back for a romantic lunch today. Being Valentine's it would be rude not to! If in Kilkenny you would be a fool not to visit.

1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 13 February 2018

My wife and I were both bitterly disappointed with our experience at Zuni for lunch last weekend. I am shocked to see it receive such rave reviews here to be honest.

We both had the Duck salad for starters:
- there was plenty of duck in fairness
however,
- far too much lettuce
- flavourless
- poor presentation

I had the beef strips for my main; calling this dish poor is an understatement. The beef and the focaccia were swimming in far too much sauce, which itself was quiet bland and sickening. It was completely flavourless. Presentation was appalling. I would suggest they add some peppers or mangetout or something to give it a bit of colour.

My wife had the falafel: Nicely presented, plenty of colour, only average on the taste buds though.

Ordered a second glass of wine during my main, still no sign of it 15mins later so cancelled it with the waiter who took the order. 3 or 4 mins later another waiter comes down with the glass of wine. I told him we cancelled it, he was odd about this and turned away and walked off without saying a word. I was not impressed with this.
Staff were only grand. They were like machines. Very business like and no bit of warmth.

Didn't even attempt a dessert. Had my mind made up at that stage.

Chips were very nice. Coffee was nice.
A little on the expensive side for lunch.

As mentioned, bitterly disappointed... will not be returning.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place to eat. Nice cocktail to start. Dining room spacious. Food excellent and good value. Staff really friendly, we were not rushed at all
Highly recommend this

1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Zunis in my opinion is the best restaurant in Kilkenny. I have visited Zunis 3 times and each meal was absolutely delicious. The early bird is great value (Finished at 7.30) 2 course or 3 . Steak is 6 euro extra but well worth the addition. The service was fast friendly and efficient and the atmosphere relaxed. Families couples and parties were catered for during our visit all seemed to enjoy the food. The location of Zunis is next to the city centre and close to the castle, main street and local musical pubs. Zunis is also a boutique hotel so way not book in and have breakfast as well. 10 out of 10 well done to the staff

2  Thank Woodbrookstar