“Is there another word for excellent in every way?”
Review of Bru

Bru
Ranked #3 of 121 Restaurants in Drogheda
Price range: US$6 - US$37
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We were staying in The D hotel and looked up trip advisor to see where we would dine.

We chose Bru. It was roughly less than 10 minutes walk from the hotel.

From the minute we arrived, we were made to feel so welcome by Laura.

My better half and I are at Slimming World. I was trying to be good and Laura showed me their SW inspired menu.

I had sirloin steak, frylite chips, mushrooms, steamed vegetables and pepper sauce made with creme fraiche. It was £23.95 and worth every penny. Very tasty and filling.

My other half had salmon fillet on a bed of noodles and stirfry vegetables. It was also excellent.

I have a sweet tooth and was enticed by Alan the manager to have a SW inspired dessert. The eton mess was really good.

We loved the food and service so much that we decided to go back for lunch. We were delighted to meet Susan the owner.

We had a beautiful tomato and pepper soup with SW inspired BLT's. We then had the chocolate mousse. OMG it was so delicious.

Later that night we returned again for dinner. We were served by Ciara and another lovely lady..sorry I forgot your name. We met Joe the chef.

I was delighted my weight stayed the same this week. Considering all the class local craft beers I drank in Bru and whilst away.

I will certainly be back in Bru and will be telling all my friends and colleagues to visit.

Well done Bru. You are the number one restaurant in Drogheda in my view.

Brubarbistro, Owner at Bru, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Shelly-ann,

Many thanks for such a glowing review of your visits, we were delighted to welcome you both to bru. Our SW inspired menu is a great success, even though I must admit slightly selfish of me in the beginning as the menu was produced once i became a SW member to held me initially stick to plan. A maintain this week is very impressive after a holiday, well done to you both. We look forward to seeing you next time your passing Drogheda and pop into us here in bru.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We went to bru for a family lunch .there was 16 of us the starters were lovely chicken wings ,garlic mushrooms ,soup all were hot and tasted excellent .the mains were bacon and cabbage ,roast dinners,burgers and fish .all the main were fab.the staff were great and nothing was an issue to them .They also had kids face painting. So if you are in drogheda bru is the place to eat.

Dear plea772,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your family group meal with us in bru. We are delighted to hear that you all enjoyed your meal with us and thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We walked here from the D hotel and it was a nice walk. Food was very good. The waitress was super helpful and gave us testers of many beers to help us decide.

Dear Kristen M,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your meal experience with us in bru. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal and found our waitress helpful. We hope you enjoyed your visit to Drogheda and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I attended a cocktail class in Bru last weekend as part of a hen party, we had the most lovely evening there. From trying to organise, Susan always came back promptly to any emails and was very accommodating. The 2 guys doing the cocktail class were really nice and friendly and didn't mind a load of silly women giggling at them. It was really great fun and really good value for money. There was also a lovely girl going around taking photos of us all, they'll be fun to see!! All in all, I would really recommend this to anyone looking for something fun to do in Drogheda, and like I said before, great value for money. Thanks to all in Bru.

DeaR carolmckeown,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your cocktail class and night with us at bru. Jamie and Emmet were delighted with everyone's enthusiasm and said you were all a pleasure to teach. We hope you liked the photos and that the Big Day goes well. We look forward to seeing you all back again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed our visit to Bru. Great food and service very good. It was a little cold in the restaurant but other than that no complaints.

Brubarbistro, Owner at Bru, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear RayFoley,

Many thanks for your kind comments about your visit to bru. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us and look forward to welcoming you back to bru again soon.