“Sublime”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

My last evening meal in the West of Ireland and luckily I wandered into 'The West' in Westport. I asked at the bar about ordering food and was taken upstairs to be seated. I was almost immediately served with a glass of water and my food order taken, along with my drinks order. I opted for salmon risotto and was so glad I did. The salmon was cooked to perfection, the risotto was creamy and the accompanying vegetables were al dente. The staff were attentive, but not intrusive and I was left feeling at ease in my surroundings. I would definitely eat at 'The West' again on future visits and highly recommend it to anyone visiting Westport.

1  Thank atropos_uk

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Ended up going here after a day of touring the countryside on our motorcycle. Hit it at just right time, place was lightly occupied and the wait staff were on top of things! Ended up ordering a burger and forgot how the Irish tend to like their meat cooked well, that said, my dinner was still enjoyable. Pints were poured correctly and we didn't feel forgotten by the staff. It's a pub/restaurant so keep that in mind when ordering. I liked the idea that there were no televisions in the bar area and the few they had were limited view which lent itself to more human interactions

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This Bar was very busy when we arrived as the festival was on in Westport that weekend and even though it was busy the food was beautiful and very tasty and my kids loved the food well worth a visit.

1  Thank Noreen30
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We didn't have food but very busy for food and looked fab. We went in twice on our visit just for few drinks. Staff very friendly cater for families

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

The food in this bar was nothing short of outstanding. Fabulous bar menu food. This was surpassed only by the level of service we received. We will most certainly visit again.

1  Thank Dean C