Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$126
eDreamsUS$126
FindHotelUS$126
TripadvisorUS$126
Etrip
Agoda.comUS$126
All reviews steak centre of town monaghan town great night lovely food saturday night visited this hotel cooked to perfection soup would highly recommend this hotel last weekend evening meal top class marie bar waitress fab
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2021

We had a fab night there recently , staff very attentive , lovely food . Really nice atmosphere in the bar , breakfast was gorgeous , could not fault anything . We will most definitely return , it was an extremely pleasurable experience.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

I travelled to the Westenra Arms with a group of friends last weekend for a meal and a few drinks, and I could not have been happier with the standard of service and care. My party was greeted by waitresses named Liz and Marie at the entrance, and they were very welcoming, offering us drinks as soon as we were seated. The level of professionalism among staff must be commended, with each server who came to our table making sure each of our needs were catered for. I couldn’t get the names of everyone who looked after us, but I’d like to give a huge thank you to everyone who made our night a success!! Would definitely recommend the Westenra Arms Hotel to anyone looking for an exciting and pleasurable dining experience :)

4  Thank Johnc22453
Reviewed 27 July 2021

I went for dinner with a friend recently. The food was amazing and the staff gave us excellent service, very friendly and polite. Lovely cocktails too. Service overall was brilliant! Will definitely visit again!

1  Thank eannao91
Reviewed 26 July 2021

We rang in advance to place order for meals. We were a party of 8, arrived in the restaurant to be placed on one high table & one low table (despite there being low tables available from our arrival to leaving). From food missing on to food we didn't order trying to be forced on us - in particular waiter Ryan, in a passive-agressive manner, telling us that we ordered the food when we didn't. Staff proceeded to point out our table & laugh at us. My friend then spoke to the manager regarding this. Despite issues being brought up with the manager regarding the bad service, waitress Liz, who broke social distancing guidelines & invaded our personal space, stuck her head between two of my friends calling us 'stuck up & narcissist'. She then pointed out our table again to all staff working making us feel ostracised & embarrassed. We then asked to speak to management again who refused to apologise or take responsibility for Liz's behaviour with his excuse being 'I wasn't there'. They also accused us that we weren't going to pay the dinner bill despite staff moving us to another table within the hotel after first complaint was made about staff. We paid the bill in full just to get out of there ASAP.

It was the most horrible dining experience of my life & I would never set foot in the place again. I would recommend that everyone avoid this place.

2  Thank mnifhainnin
Reviewed 26 July 2021

The rooms are fabulous, the food was perfect and the staff were so accommodating- even though they were clearly struggling with the heat and pressure the covid restrictions caused. Management were very friendly. Can't thank them enough for a fab weekend. Will be booking again and advising friends to do the same.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple