See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Received a email confirming my stay on the day of arrival. When we got to the property, there were no signs and no answer at the door or via phone.
After spending some time traipsing the streets, we eventually managed to find somewhere to stay for the night (weekend), and this was repeated the following 3 days because we'd had absolutely no warning that our accommodation had been closed down (due to a breech of fire safety regulations, a local informed us)
Upon arriving home, I found the money for the non-existent stay had been taken from my account. When I contacted the owner, he said he would refund, but still hasn't over a month on.

Do not book to stay here. It is no longer operating and the customer service is the worst I've ever experienced.

Room tip: Go elsewhere
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Marianne212
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I received an email on the day of travel saying booking cancelled due to flood in the property.
This property was closed down due to fire regulations a few months ago and an article was in the local paper.
I telephoned the owner at this time and he assured me that my booking would be okay.
Imagine my dismay to receive the cancellation on day of travel and it did not just involve me but also another party.
I struggled to find alternative accommodation and ruined which was to be a special weekend.
This owner is still on late rooms the site through which I made the booking and I have made a complaint to late rooms about this booking.
He us totally unprofessional I know life is not always straight forward but he could of had the decency to cancel my booking prior to departure so as to give me to time to book alternative accommodation.
Very dissatisfied customer beware!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BERNIEManchesterUk
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Less than 24 hours before we were supposed to arrive, the hostel sent me an email informing they were canceling my booking. Their reason was that they were overbooked. Even though this place has a 72-hour cancellation policy, they clearly don't extend the same level of courtesy when they are the ones doing the canceling.

When I emailed the manager back to express my frustration over this, I received no response. This was incredibly unprofessional, and I was stuck at the last minute having to find a new place to stay. Any place that treats customers like this should not be trusted. At the very least they should have tried to find me an alternate accommodation, but they simply didn't care and never bothered to write me back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MuchaBrava
Reviewed 28 September 2013

last june we booked with staying in wexford, we drove over from the uk, arrived in town, rang the fella and he had double booked the place, fortunatly he had contacted a really nice b and b and we stayed there at his expence, the next night we had also booked with him the room promiced was again double booked, so he gave us another address, we got the key in the locker on the door, took a look around, the room was 6 foot by 7 foot, with a double bed, im 6'4 it was too cramped for me, and my wife felt clostrophobic, add that with the house was full of washing from the other people staying there, we went back to the previose night b and b, and booked with her, we had a great crak in wexford but not in brians place. wish Id insisted on a refund.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gareth M
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I travel a lot and stayed in a lot of places, good and bad. But I always know what I'm getting, but this time I did not so I was very shocked. This is what happened....
Where to start, well when booking I requested a twin room if possible. I understand this might not be possible but to arrive to a room that was completely not as described on booking.com shocked me and my mother. It misleads you that you get a double room, tv, tea and coffee making facilities and free toiletries. Well, for startes the bed wasnt even a double, it was one of those 3/4 ones. A bit too close for comfort for myself and my mother. The room was so tiny you couldnt even pass eachother. The free toiletries were a bar of soap and shampoo in a shared bathroom between the 4 rooms in the very small terraced house. Thats what it is, a shared house, a very small shared house. The tea and coffee facilities consist of a kettle and tea bags and coffee, nothing else. The TV is in a small lounge as the front of the house, which gets very cold at night, there were guests with blankets over them watching TV. I contacted the owned numerous times and finally got a reply at 9.30pm, i then replied to him on return to the 'hotel' from dinner and never heard from him again. Terrible service provided. There's no-one there to greet you, your key is in a little lock at the door. There is no name on the building to say what it is just a door number. All seems a bit strange to me! On entering the house there was a lot of laundry on a clothes horse drying in the back room and the whole house stunk of damp. Mattress needs replacing, i had springs in my ribs all night. I wouldnt bother staying in Wexford if youre coming in off the ferry, go to Rosslare Strand, its beautiful down there and closer. Very disappointed and disgusted. My mother and I left half the money for the room and left a note also. Never heard back from the owners, they dont seem to care. I asked for help seeing as I was travelling with my mother and didnt even get an apology. The funny thing is the mother and daughter in the room next to us were paying the same nightly rate and had a room 3 times the size of ours and had an actual double bed and there were empty rooms in the house that were bigger yet they give us the smallest one. I would just like to stress that this place is not as described. We arrived with the belief this place is a hotel, if we knew it was a shared house and what to expect we wouldnt have been so shocked, just be warned! We unfortunatly had a bad experience here. The area is very rough also, so be careful with yourself and your vehicle!

Room tip: If you choose to stay here make sure you dont get stuck with the box room adn the slightly bigger single bed unless you're travelling alone!
Date of stay: August 2013