Staying in Wexford
US$184
Riverbank House Hotel(Wexford)(Great Value!)
US$141
  • Pool
Ashfield House(Killinick)
Hotel Rosslare(Rosslare)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed in Wexford 3 days of our 2 week vacation in Ireland. It was one of our most favorite places we stayed. We went to a nearby beach that was glorious. Stayed at the Blue Door B&B (highly recommend)and was able to easily travel, by car, from here to the Hook Head lighthouse, Waterford, Jerpoint Abbey and Kilkenny. The walk along the docks/harbor was beautiful at sunset. Very relaxing town with lots to do that is not touristy. Within Wexford the streets are narrow and best navigated with a small car or just walk because everything is nearby.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed in Jim McGhees guesthouse for 2 nights as a base to visit the area. It is a harbour town with not a lot to do in it , we went outside to the Irish Heritage Centre and to Enniscorthy Castle and town centre. Both worth a visit. Off to Waterford and Cork next.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Received a email confirming my stay on the day of arrival. When we got to the property, there were no signs and no answer at the door or via phone.
After spending some time traipsing the streets, we eventually managed to find somewhere to stay for the night (weekend), and this was repeated the following 3 days because we'd had absolutely no warning that our accommodation had been closed down (due to a breech of fire safety regulations, a local informed us)
Upon arriving home, I found the money for the non-existent stay had been taken from my account. When I contacted the owner, he said he would refund, but still hasn't over a month on.

Do not book to stay here. It is no longer operating and the customer service is the worst I've ever experienced.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Marianne212
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I received an email on the day of travel saying booking cancelled due to flood in the property.
This property was closed down due to fire regulations a few months ago and an article was in the local paper.
I telephoned the owner at this time and he assured me that my booking would be okay.
Imagine my dismay to receive the cancellation on day of travel and it did not just involve me but also another party.
I struggled to find alternative accommodation and ruined which was to be a special weekend.
This owner is still on late rooms the site through which I made the booking and I have made a complaint to late rooms about this booking.
He us totally unprofessional I know life is not always straight forward but he could of had the decency to cancel my booking prior to departure so as to give me to time to book alternative accommodation.
Very dissatisfied customer beware!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BERNIEManchesterUk
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Less than 24 hours before we were supposed to arrive, the hostel sent me an email informing they were canceling my booking. Their reason was that they were overbooked. Even though this place has a 72-hour cancellation policy, they clearly don't extend the same level of courtesy when they are the ones doing the canceling.

When I emailed the manager back to express my frustration over this, I received no response. This was incredibly unprofessional, and I was stuck at the last minute having to find a new place to stay. Any place that treats customers like this should not be trusted. At the very least they should have tried to find me an alternate accommodation, but they simply didn't care and never bothered to write me back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple