Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
  • Pool
US$93
US$84
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

Talbot Wexford(Wexford)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
Travelocity
Savings alert! 60% below average rates

The price you found is 60% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$231/night.

Maple Lodge(Wexford)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$80
Ferrycarrig Hotel(Ferrycarrig)
US$117
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
US$96
St. George Guest House(Wexford)(Great Value!)
US$75
Agoda.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsa family run hotelbar foodwexford townsuperior roomcarvery lunchleisure clubswimming poolthe ground floortop classchowderboth nightssteam roomlovely atmospherelovely hotelan overnight staysalmonmain restaurant
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed in the Whitford House Hotel for a quiet & resting getaway weekend and it delivered just what we needed.

Having booked the room via the website with a request for a certain room type, we were delighted to see that we received the type of room we asked for. The hotel rooms are very quiet, well appointed, a comfortable and relaxing place to be. The double beds are king size and extremely comfortable, so a good night’s sleep is guaranteed. The only thing missing was a complimentary bottle of water, which we really missed during the night. The en suite was functional but could do with a makeover as it was starting to look a little tired. Having said that, it was perfectly fine to use and most importantly it was spotlessly clean.

The staff are very friendly, attentive but not over bearing. The hotel bar was extremely busy, yet staff still found the time to be calm, friendly and talk to customers which was refreshing to see!

The food. Words can’t describe the excellent quality of the food. When we arrived on Friday evening the bar was packed with diners. We learned why over the weekend. For the first time ever on a weekend break we ate in the hotel on both nights. The first night we dined in the hotel restaurant and the food was fantastic and at a very reasonable price too. I had a chicken starter which was one of the best I have ever tasted. On Saturday we ate in the bar which was packed, not a free table to be had with people waiting for tables. Always a good sign of a popular venue. Once again the bar food was of restaurant quality and fantastic value for money in these times.

We reluctantly left on Sunday, fully relaxed and recharged. So the Whitford delivered on all fronts for us and we could not fault the hotel on anything. We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alanbucko
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I travel a lot for work and ensure that I stop for food at the Whitford whenever I am in Wexford therefore when I had to stay overnight, I booked this hotel. I rang quite late and the receptionist was very helpful, even asked if I would like her to order me a sandwich as I would be arriving after the kitchen closed. This is the first hotel that offered me this service despite the fact I stay in hotels at least twice a week with work.

Upon arrival, the receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and warm including the bathroom. I really liked the fact the there was a main ceiling light in the bedroom ( rare occurrence in my experience), which may seem minor but is important when trying to work in the room.

All the staff that I encountered, indeed any time I go to this hotel, were very friendly, efficient and friendly. The receptionist in the morning was very friendly when I was checking out, not just going through the motions.

As I said at the start, I ensure to have food there any time that I am in the vicinity as it is always delicious and the carvery is always hot.

I will definitely stay there again and would recommend it to friends!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Angela L
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed here post xmas for 3 nights with a supervalu break and upgraded to a deluxe room for 20 euro p/r p/n.The hotel is within easy walking distance to the town and they have a regular taxi base they use which costs 6 euro.There are several shops quite close to the hotel.when we arrived we checked in and went straight to the bar for food - i must say the pannini and club sandwich we had were very tasty.The breakfasts are cooked to order and are plentiful but were nothing special in the taste department.Having read several reviews which complimented their food i was looking forward to our inclusive dinner.I cant fault the service or presentation but once we had dinner we both agreed it lacked any flavour,i felt let down,perhaps their regular chef was on a xmas break which was just unlucky for us.On our last full day we ate again at lunch time in the bar we both went for the club sandwich but it was completely different from day one.Overall the food which we were looking forward to was a big let down overall.
Our room was on the ground floor and for having upgraded to deluxe I would have expected the folowing- flat screen T.V., bottled water in the room and robes and slippers - none of these luxuries were extended to us.Our double bed was 2 singles joined together.The bathroom clean,had shampoo,conditioner but soap - not shower gel.Each morning we hung our towels so as to "save the planet" but upon our return we had been given new ones - this happened every morning.Housekeeping were fast but sometimes too fast as we found some items in a couple of drawers on our arival.One final point on the room-the windows are the type with the vent built into them so their is a constant draught coming in.Perhaps they are closable but ours were so stiff they would'nt budge.We liked the air during the night but it was a little too airy in the morning.
The leisure facilities all looked as you would expect but as it was the season of indulgence we did not use them.
Overall we felt very welcome by all the staff but just feel that they need to up their game a lot and perhaps address some of the above mentioned points and they would be well on the way to be deserving of a 4 star status.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank TravelMonkiesDT
Reviewed 22 December 2011

what a place ##. got a voucher for 150 euros so decided to ring and see what they could do for a weekend, val the guy who answered said yes , 2 nights B/B and e/meal for only 209
stayed in wexford many times in the town in the usual spots but this place is a little gem, best point of guiness ever in any hotel,
place was buzzing, great food on both nights and breakfast was great too,
we stayed in deluxe room which was huge and had everything you want in it,
staff were great ,
only problem was it was a mile or so outside town do if you wanted a few pints it ment you had to taxi but the pints are so good you wouldn't want to stay in town.

we wil be back again.

Room Tip: Book the deluxe rooms ,newer and more moderen and on 1st floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paddywack1
Reviewed 13 December 2011

My wife & I booked a mini weekend break away at this hotel rather than going abroad to the Xmas markets. It was a superb choice. On arrival we went for a pre booked massage and then into the leisure centre for a sauna and a swim. Had an excellent meal in their restaurant and then headed into the bar for drinks & entertainment. The ladies on the reception could not have been more welcoming & helpful. For location it was a half hour drive to Hook peninsula for a fantastic view across the bay. We left on the Monday totally relaxed. We will definitely be back

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple