All reviews across the bridge wexford town open fire journey home night porter lovely hotel lovely touch next morning booked this hotel sunday lunch large room couldn't do enough second to none main course from start to finish car park bar food
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend with my girlfriend, having done minimal research we did not really know what to expect, when we arrived at the hotel we both were a bit apprehensive as the exterior does not look the most appealing however we were completely wrong. This is a great hotel

The man who checked us in on Saturday eve was extremely friendly and chatty and we were staying in a room on the second floor. The room had a huge bed and was spotless, nice bathroom and great views of the water. The decor in the hallways and room aren't the most stylish but we were still very happy with our room

We had dinner in the restaurant Saturday night in the hotel and we were both very impressed with the food and once again the young girl serving us was very nice.

The hotel is in a great location and is only a quick walk across the bridge to the town centre.

We were given bottles of water when we checked out and this was a nice touch especially in the heatwave we were experiencing at the time of our stay

Overall we were very impressed and we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Davros2017
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Davros2017, thank you for reviewing the Riverbank House Hotel. Your review has been very informative, I appreciate very much you taking the time to write about our facilities and my colleagues. Hopefully you will be able to stay again in the not to distant future?

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I stayed here recently for business and it was so extremely charming and cosy! I would for sure stay here again, one of the most comfortable beds ive ever slept in and the staff were so extremely friendly and welcoming!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Marie M
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Marie M, thank you for reviewing the Riverbank House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Every time we go to Wexford we stay in the Riverbank. Love the food. Love the bar. The staff are amazing. So helpful, friendly and down to earth. Just spent 2 nights there with our 10 month old. I'd like to mention in particular Jeanette and Rebecca on reception and Daire in the bar who were extremely helpful with us and little Zoë. There's something very homely about the place that makes us go back all the time.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Elaine B

Dear Elaine B, thank you for reviewing the Riverbank house Hotel. Delighted you read, thank you so much for especially mentioning some of my colleagues by name, they are thrilled, it means a lot. Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

General manager

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous place to stay from start to finish. We arrived on the Sunday for 2 night stay. Staff were fabulous upgraded us to balcony room, rooms lovely and airy and water provided. Had toasted sandwiches in the bar when we arrived. Had a lovely meal in the Alamo steakhouse that evening. Breakfast menu was lovely and had a different menu for our set meal the 2nd night. On checking out reception staff offered me water for our journey home. There was a brilliant atmosphere around the hotel, staff extremely friendly. Definitely be back for a visit again

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cruiser585776

Dear Reviewer, thank you for your recent review, always good to hear nice things. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

My wife and I have just stayed at the Riverbank House Hotel in Wexford town over the past weekend and we had a good weekend in Wexford, Lovely Town and well worth a visit. The Riverbank Hotel where we stayed, is badly in need of some updating. It is in need of a good cleaning in the breakfast area, where the mirrors were all smudged and the floors under the tables had long ago been cleaned properly. The Décor is from the sixties. The Breakfast was good. The staff In the hotel were very friendly and helpful . Our room was pretty small buy very clean .We had a double bed which comprised of two singles put together which was not very comfortable. The pillows were terrible quality which even kept me awake most of the night. The bathroom was no more than 4ft Wide by maybe 6ft long .This included the Shower area and toilet. We had no view from our window only looking at two large gas cylinders and a tree. Areas of the hotel like the stairwells smelt like mould. I don't want to be too negative of this hotel as the staff are really good, but it really need some money spent on it to improve the customer experience
We were charged 130Euro for the one night including breakfast, but when I mentioned about the pillows and bed the manager in fairness gave us a reduction on the price.
Would I stay there again. NO not in its existing condition. Sorry!

Room Tip: Rooms were clean are very compact, Beds and pillows uncomfortable and bathroom smaller!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Eugene Y, thank you for reviewing the riverbank House Hotel. You raised some very valid points which I promise to take on board. Just a couple of points to clarify, The hotel is in the public areas are Victorian and bedrooms decorated in Art Deco era, 1920's, It is the style we decided upon as opposed to the more modern hotel almost everywhere. The mirrors in the breakfast room you mentioned are antique stressed mirrors in keeping with the period, but can understand how this could be misunderstood. Our pillows are 100% Goose down as are the duvets, however you may have accidentally had one of the spare pillows in the wardrobe which are standard foam pillows. To explain your bed, some rooms do have what are known as Zip and Link beds, these are Club 5 Class Keyfoam beds, they are secured together at the base and zipped down the center, super King size (6 feet Wide) , designed to change a double into a twin room when necessary.

But as I mentioned you stated some valid points, some I have control of and some I do not. I appreciate your taking the time putting your experience into words and sincerely hope you don't mind me clarifying a few points raised.

But, you were disappointed and understand your feelings not to return. Your review has been a reminder to focus on what is most important and that is you, our customer. Apologies again and thank you for your honesty.