All reviews across the bridge wexford town open fire journey home night porter lovely hotel lovely touch next morning booked this hotel sunday lunch large room couldn't do enough second to none main course from start to finish car park bar food
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

One of Ireland's hidden gems, we were delighted by the friendly welcome and the fabulous house, this is a newly built house which is finished to the highest standards.
Situated in the center of Moville with lots of pubs restaurants and convenient for exploring the beautiful cost of the north.
We give this treasure 10 out of 10
Breakfast was excellent.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvie S
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Sylvie S, thank you for reviewing the Riverbank House Hotel. Not 100% sure if it's for us but pleased you had a lovely holiday all the same.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We had booked to see Aslan at the hotel and received very friendly and efficient service from Niamh on reception. Due to illness we could not attend and rang them to explain. Once again they were very helpful and organized a refund. From our dealings with them we could tell how friendly and helpful the staff are and we now hope to stay there in the future.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martin c

Dear martin c, thank you for reviewing the Riverbank House Hotel. I have to agree, I know I have a unique bunch of people working with me and delighted you got to experience a taste of our customer service. Thank you for mentioning Niamh who has been with me a long time, she was very pleased to read your review. Thank you so much. Hopefully you will get to stay again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We spent a few days in Wexford and choose the Riverbank as it was located over the river from the town. The town is still in easy walking distance but the views from the hotel was lovely. This is a very quaint hotel. The reception staff were extremely nice and very helpful. When we checked in they asked if we needed any suggestion for things to do in the area. There are also a large number of leaflets available. The decor of he hotel is not modern, but it is very clean and has everything you need. Our room wasn't the biggest, but it was fine. The breakfast was very good, with a selection of cereal and fruit as well as the option of a freshly cooked breakfast. The bar attached has a fantastic menu with plenty of options. We ate there every night and the food was delicious. There are about 10 parking spaces, with parking across the road. We thought a really nice touch was the offer of cold water when we checked out as it was a hot day.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rossk701

Dear rossk701, thank you for reviewing the Riverbank House Hotel. Your detail has been excellent and very informative for prospective travelers. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent service. Started with a couple of cocktails, Yum Yum. Proceeded to a barbecue sent from heaven. Pulled pork and salads to die for. Large crowd of us to cater for. Whole group enjoyed it and can't wait to return.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Helen M, thank you for reviewing the Riverbank House Hotel. Sounds like you had a great night!! You are very welcome back next summer where we will be laying on the same again for you to enjoy.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

This establishment is old and quirky and very atmospheric. The place is a hive of business almost all the time, very popular with locals for lunch, supper and dinner or just drinks. In my opinion it's a lovely hotel. Someone I recommended to visit told me the chowder was tinned, I can't say for sure but we've had it on numerous occasions and we love it. Portions of food are more than generous, we often just have 2 starters but we enjoyed a smashing lamb dish this visit and it was out of this world, honestly, delicious. As for the rooms, they are lovely and spacious and the linen is lovely but it's a little tired, especially the bathrooms which I feel could do with updating, they're very small but they are clean. Don't expect 5 star but do expect lovely staff, really helpful, plentiful tasty food in the restaurant and the location across the bridge is perfect for a nice stroll across into town. Until this year we'd never actually stayed at the hotel but as I say rooms are spacious and clean with small tired bathrooms but it certainly would not put me off. Thank you for such a lovely friendly stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LouandPhil

Dear louandPhil, thank you for reviewing the Riverbank House Hotel. You have been very good and made some fair points which I do appreciate. Always nice to hear the lovely things and helpful to hear how we can improve. I am pleased to ready you will stay again.