Riverbank House Hotel
Ferrycarrig Hotel(Ferrycarrig)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Curracloe(Curracloe)
View Hotel
All reviewsacross the bridgeopen firejourney homewexford townbar restaurantnight porterlovely hotelsunday lunchlovely touchnext morninglarge roomsecond to nonecouldn't do enoughfood was lovelyfrom start to finishcar parkbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We visited as a family of four and had a lovely lunch. Lots too choose from. Very tasty and fresh. The staff are very competent at their job...very well trained. Very busy but didn't have to wait long for a table .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear millie132, thank you for reviewing the Riverbank House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your recent visit, hopefully won't be too long before you are back again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We were at the caravan site 100 yards away or so and wanted to celebrate our friend's birthday. This restaurant was recommended. We booked a table for 4 and were not disappointed. We had a lovely table overlooking the setting sun and excellent service from Leanne. We all chose different main courses and none of us were able to completely finish them off and certainly had no room for a dessert. They were all delicious, the haddock, the double burger, the 8oz burger and the crab cakes which you could have as a main but our friend had as a starter size with additional side of potatoes. The wine was very good, a jug of minted water was placed on our table, we did not have to ask. All the main courses we chose were around 15€ /16€. It was very noisy and full when we came in at 7.30pm but quietened down but still had atmosphere. Leanne was particularly helpful in helping me with my allergy to mustard to be able to have the dish of my choice. A lovely evening, birthday boy said it was a perfect end to a perfect day. It certainly met all our needs and would recommend it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joan W

Dear Joan W, thank you for reviewing the Riverbank House Hotel.it is nice to receive a food review and delighted you enjoyed your experience. The different aspects of your visit I am pleased you found pleasing.

Hopefully next time you visit Wexford again will call by and dine again.

Kind regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for my sister's wedding recently. To say that the food and the service is first class is an understatement. In the bar the day before the wedding The food and the service was superb. The chowder is the best I've ever had. The food at the wedding itself was fantastic. The service was really friendly and 100% professional. Our huge thanks to all the staff: we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and cannot wait to come back for another visit.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Annpanna

Dear Annpanna, thank you for reviewing the Riverbank House Hotel.I am overwhelmed, you truly experienced all our facilities being at a wedding too so am delighted you read of your experiences.

Thank you also for mentioning my colleagues, the most important part of my business. I wish you all the best and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here a few times (breakfast & lunch). Always great food and really well priced particularly the breakfast menu, not your normal high hotel prices. Staff are fantastic, and even if it's not on the menu they always try to facilitate. Nothing like consistency, well done.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear FIREOK, thank you for reviewing the Riverbank House Hotel. Delighted to read of your food review, we strive to be the best and pleased it continues to show, you are so right, consistency is so important, I don't pretend to be perfect 100% of the time but will always go out of our way to make things right. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

kind regards,

General manager

Reviewed 17 August 2017

my wife and i traveled here on Saturday afternoon having driven down from Dublin. We were very impressed by the Hotel, the Staff are all very friendly and Food and Drink is first class. The location is excellent and you can walk across the Bridge to the Town Center to explore the various Bars and Restaurants and also do some shopping.
There is a very relaxed feel to this Hotel and I would use it again and certainly recommend it to anyone. The only issue hardly worth a mention is there are very few Car Parking Spaces but there is a Public Car Park right beside it which only cost €2 a night so it is not a problem. Very impressed. Ben

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beatle901

Dear beatle901, thank you for reviewing the Riverbank House Hotel. I was heartwarming to read by both myself and my colleagues. just to mention the public car park, you are correct is €2 on exit but worth mentioning is free to exit from 8pm to 8am and on Sundays, but gladly you didn't find this an issue.

Best wishes and look forward to welcoming you back again. Thank you once again for the review.

Regards,