“Disgusted”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Im disgusted how the staff treated us! Me, my 9 months old baby and my 9 months old pregnant friend sat outside eating when suddenly it started pouring down with rain, i grabbed my boy and run inside to ask the waiter if we can sit inside and the guy told me sorry no even though there were loads of free tables! I asked again and he still said no. I stood outside under the little roof waiting for the rain to calm down and saw loads of people going in from outside and taking all the tables and no one was turning them away! So rude, will never be going there again

1  Thank Egle1990
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Egle1990 due to the amount of unexpected rainfall that we had in Peterborough on Friday evening we had to consider the safety of our guests and team we apologise for the inconvenience caused but due to being flooded we had to close.
Many thanks Team Boathouse

Write a reviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This meal was meant to celebrate my birthday, After being met at the door by a foreign person he said we didn't book to bring our dog along which I did made a big deal about checking in on the app which I did he then told my husband he had to book in upon me telling him my husband doesn't have a mobile phone why all these younger people don't seem to understand not all older folk have a mobile phone,
We were then showed us to our table to sit down & had a crap meal when I went to pay i informed the supervisor about my meal the pie crust was rock hard the veg was all mushy & the mash was no better she did apologise & took money off my bill which is fair enough but my day was already spoilt so that doesn't make it right for me will not be returning....

1  Thank Joan M

Dear Joan M Seb is an exceptional member of our team and has been for the past few years if our guests make a certain booking request we try our upmost to accommodate these on all occasions.
We also have paper forms of track and trace for the people who do not have a mobile phone we have to do this at the moment for COVID restrictions.
Thankyou for your feedback regarding our food but on your check back if you had informed the team member this could have been rectified for you at the time.
Many thanks Team Boathouse

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We initially booked a table for 2 hours, but through a run of good luck (customer cancellations) we were able to keep our table for significantly longer. My partner and I enjoyed the relaxed and friendly atmosphere as a result of the very professional and attentive waiting staff.

Thank you Tilly, for making me and my partner's first date a special evening.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank pjswarbey

Pjswarbey, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We look forward to your next visit, take care!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were left trying to tap our car registration into the tablet as requested by the blackboard outside only to be told several minutes after we gave up that it wasn’t working! (Take the blackboard in could be an idea!)

Restaurant very clean (also witness the thorough clean as we left.

Service was fast, polite and attentive throughout.

Meal was nowhere near usual standards - one slice of artisan toast for pate.

Date of visit: July 2021

Kathd785, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our pub.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came to the boathouse on Friday the 2nd for a meal with me and my family perfect food and perfect service from a young man called Alex and a young lady called Tilly 100% recommend the boathouse to anyone and I will be coming back!!!

1  Thank maxwillsvs

Hi Maxwillsvs, great to hear you enjoyed your visit to our pub. Hope to see you again soon!