“Small and intimate”

Price range: US$20 - US$98
Description: Seafood & Champagne Restaurant
Description: Seafood & Champagne Restaurant
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Walked in to find the restaraunt is very small,9 tables and was full.We waited a short whilst for our table which wasn't a problem.
Once seated we were given our menu which was hard to choose from.The prawn fish cakes were delicious and my husband said he enjoyed the octopus.Main meals were also lovely but advise that if you want sides with your main then just order 1 portion of rice etc as it will do two people and in fact we got 1 rice and 1 broccoli and left half as they are large.
Again ,like Betty's you do have to book.They wer full all night and people were being turned away.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

A group of 12 of us visited Fisk for lunch. We pre-booked our choices from an excellent, varied menu and were warmly greeted on arrival, even though we were a little late.

The 'amuse bouche' was lovely and the various starters we had (prawn fish cakes, chilli crab) were excellent. Service was prompt and efficient. Our mains (prawn Thai red curry, monkfish massaman curry, sea bass) were beautiful. Plenty of drink was drunk but it was nice that the restaurant staff didn't keep filling up our glasses and put pressure on us to buy more.

Overall, a very nice meal in a cosy environment with lovely staff. Definitely a place to return to in the future.

1  Thank CheshireWoodies

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We have been in the country for 2 months and this is the best food we ever eaten
Cod is amazing
Noodles and fried rice is so fresh and tasty.
Also amazing deserts

1  Thank Mila N

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This was our third time at Fisk and unfortunately we were disappointed with the overall experience compared to our previous visits. On arriving at our pre-booked time we were informed that our table wasn't ready and were asked if we would we like to have a drink outside. We didn't want to sit outside by the side of the road but luckily we managed to perch on a vacant table that has been reserved for four people until our table was ready. We feel that it is important to advise diners on the early sitting that their table will be required by a certain time to avoid other diners having to wait outside until their table is ready, this will not be an ideal situation in the colder months. Once seated we were advised that certain dishes were already "sold out", this wasn't surprising as a friend who had dined at Fisk a couple of weeks before had mentioned that quite a few items on the menu weren't available when they visited even though it was early evening. I had been looking forward to having the halibut as I had enjoyed it on a previous visit, there was no mention that this was sold out when we were given the menus so I was pleased, however at the time of ordering we were told that it had also sold out, very disappointing! We are surprised that even with a limited menu they seem to sell out of dishes on a regular basis, surely they can use past trends to help with stock control. On previous visits we have been given a complimentary amuse bouche, this nice touch did not happen on this occasion, maybe they are controlling costs. We ordered a bottle of wine which didn't appear until we reminded the waiter that this was missing. The only positive was the quality of the food, good sized portions and very tasty. We dine out in Harrogate most weekends and we always try to support the independent restaurants rather than the chain restaurants when we can but if they are to compete in the long term they need to improve on the service and ensure that the items listed on the menu are available.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I don't like to write negative reviews but I was so disappointed by the managers attitude that I can't help it. We reserved a table for 4 ... arrived in time to find our table still occupied, no biggie we will sit outside and have drink whilst we wait for it to be cleared.. we were given menus to peruse.. we sit down at 9 and order wine (£100 a bottle to put it in context :-)) at 9.10 (according to owner) we ordered, or tried to.. I wanted oysters to be told they didn't have any.. ok? If you advertise them and give someone a menu (on a clipboard so could have been easily removed if not available) to be told there was none.. ok so I'll order langoustines.. sorry sold out.. ok.. this isn't going well is it? So order king prawns, everyone else orders the scallops. Main courses we ordered fillet steak as other items were not available.. order sides of potatoes n veg to have the poor waiter to come and tell us they have run out of potatoes but we can have chips.. are chips not potatoes?? Apparently not..but we can have frozen chips with our fillet??? so our comedy of errors is panning out here... starters arrive after 35 minutes cold scallops, prawns were lovely but we asked for scallops to be remade, another £100 of wine ordered.. I asked to see owner, took him 30 minutes to come over and instead of having conversation in front of other diners I asked him to come outside as I'm a polite person, he was obviously primed for some idiotic serial complainer as he had every comeback in the book! We ate, we enjoyed our company, the serving staff were great, we paid our full bill £550 + (as I didn't want him to think we were serial complainers) but we will never return as the owner was completely disinterested in our custom! I'd love to support independents but if you treat us like that you don't deserve our hard earned money... I'll expect a detailed annihilation from said owner as I'm sure he is expecting this review... servers were lovely and this review in no way reflects their service :-)

stuart855, Manager at FISK, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

I am sorry to read your review. I have noted the points about dishes not available and realise that the waiter should have made you aware before ordering. It was a busy night and unfortunately the Oysters and Langoustines had sold out. I have spoken to our staff and we dispute your timing claims. Your party was clearly intoxicated. Do you remember standing talking to me with your arm around me? Very uncomfortable. My staff and I also recall that each member of your party on leaving said "we'll be back".