Lowest prices for your stay
US$94
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
HurbUS$109
All reviews sauna and steam room afternoon tea difficult circumstances wonderful spa iron and board staying at this hotel a king size bed over christmas housekeeping staff breakfast was included three night stay special occasion a lovely stay wedding anniversary town centre transmitter frederik
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

We booked this hotel a long time ago so got a good deal using the Hilton Honours app, Friday and Saturday night in a king superior room for a total of £190.
After reading recent negative reviews I thought that we had made a massive mistake, and was worried about staying here, but turns out it wasn't bad at all. We had even packed antibacterial cleaning wipes so we could clean the room if needed, but we needn't have worried.
Using the app we were able to pick our room (fifth floor - the top one), and check in online and use my phone to get into the room, thus avoiding the queue at reception.
All the communal areas were very grand, clean and tidy as you would expect. Likewise the room was very good and nothing like the horror stories I've read on this site. Yes there were a couple of what looked like makeup stains on the carpet and walls but to be honest we only spotted them because we were looking for them, certainly nothing to complain about.
The room was very comfortable and we weren't bothered by any noise at all. The only negatives with the room that I can think of is that there is no air-conditioning, and it was very hot in there so we had to have the windows open and the desk-fan provided by the hotel on fully at all times. Also we only had 2 bath towels but no hand towel (a very minor inconvenience).
I couldn't give the hotel 5 out of 5 because there were a few negatives.
Firstly, if you are driving to the hotel you register your number plate and how long you are staying on a tablet. It may be an anomaly with using the Hilton app to check-in, but there doesn't seem to be a way of linking your car registration to your room. I did ask 3 times at reception about this but nobody could give me a definitive answer. The last time I asked I was told I would have to wait for a fine to arrive by post, and contact the hotel to get it overturned if it did. Not very convenient or satisfactory.
Also, by using the app to check-in you bypass the reception desk and miss out on your free cookies!
Another issue we had was that on our final morning we decided to take our bags down to the car early and go out for breakfast and a walk and pick up some last minute gifts.
We arrived back at the room at 11:20 (check out is at 12) but couldn't get back into our room. We asked a cleaner if she could let us in and were told that the room had already been cleaned because check-out is at 11 (it's definitely 12 o'clock!!). We can only assume that a cleaner had seen us taking our bags out earlier and decided we must have been checking out. It was very inconvenient as we wanted to freshen up before a long journey home and retrieve a carrier bag we'd left in the room that contained sweets and drinks for our journey. They had been removed from the room and were luckily still on the cleaners trolly.
All in all it was a very pleasant stay and I would definitely stay again. Just waiting for my parking fine to arrive now!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2021

Stayed for 4 night as part of a Group . Chaotic Check in, Staff not prepared for us, no promised refeshments on arrival. Good size rooms and Bathrooms ,Clean . However, using the Covid excuse , No Rooms cleaned or refreshed during stay. Had to request Clean Towels, Loo Rolls, Tea ,Milk etc at reception but Often request was ignored so had to request again. Very few trained staff ( in fairness i think this is being addressed), a Senior person has been brought in from another Hotel so i would hope things would pick up. Very good Breakfast, Average Food at Dinner but service slow each night. £15 for an hours Swim for residents !!!!!
A lovely setting , nice Terrace but needs a complete overhaul service wise..

2  Thank dafona
Reviewed 10 September 2021

No hairdryer, spare toilet roll or tissues in tissue box. No convenient plug sockets so could not plug CPAP machine in at night as none near bed. Reception never answers the phone. Good self service breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Ione G
Reviewed 10 September 2021

Terrible dirty jacuzzi with hairs and white frothy chlorine no toiletries no bag to but swimming costumes scruffy flip-flops that looked like a dog had chewed them then the fire alarm went off and had to find someone to check it wasn't for real and not a test it was certainly no treatment still waiting for a response after two emails Horrible experience

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bobcatsmum
Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

This used to be a favourite special place for me and the other half, unfortunately they have not come out of covid lockdown well. So to start this long diatribe of calamity, we arrived to be told the room wasn’t ready despite turning up when required, returned a couple of hours later to find the room ready to go in. We paid for the best room on the 5th floor this consisted of ceiling Light fittings flickering, wall lights hanging and bent either side of the bed, the carpets beside the bed looked like someone had an unfortunate accident that wasn’t cleared up, the walls in the hall and either side of the bed where covered in black marks and not wiped clean, the quilt was hanging out of the cover and on the floor, the pillows were not into the cases properly, the WC had old pee stains around the rim and the bath had hairs and the oldest anti slip mat you have ever seen (looks like the one my gran has had for 20 years) one roll of loo paper no tissues. No complimentary water. I could go on, We woke up at 4am the first night with bathroom covered in wasps urghhh The desk guy was fantastic came straight up and moved them all out probably about 30 – 50 wasps. We had a meal in the restaurant this was very average and the breakfast was minimalist the best way to describe it. We asked the first morning for our room to be serviced and towels changed, this didn’t happen ever I got some loo roll from the lad in the corridor. So not for me again im afraid despite having stayed over 10 times in the past. Oops forgot to mention if you want to just have a swim its £30.00 each

Trip type: Travelled as a couple