10 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$93
View deal
Booking.comUS$93
Hotels.comUS$93
PricelineUS$93
eDreamsUS$93
Trip.comUS$93
travelup.comUS$105
All reviews sauna and steam room afternoon tea difficult circumstances large wardrobe wonderful spa iron and board staying at this hotel a king size bed over christmas housekeeping staff breakfast was included three night stay special occasion a lovely stay town centre transmitter frederik
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2021

Booked a spa package for our anniversary. After phoning and e-mailing I booked the times for booking in (2pm), spa (4pm) and dinner(8pm). We set off from the Isle of Man. On the motorway we received a phone call at 10am asking where we were. I explained that we were not in Harrogate yet as booking was for 4pm. They said we had missed the spa:-(

We got to the hotel and check in was not available.

We went to the spa and they apologised and admitted they were wrong and this was due to staffing and covid. They said they would give us a refund and gave us an afternoon tea to apologise. This refund is still not with us one month later. Lots of calls and e-mails and nothing!! Danielle the manager has not returned our call.

The hotel was nice enough but not enough staff and customer service not adequate.

I have complained to Hilton head office asking for our refund and the hotel have 5 days to respond….hopefully we get the refund but in general the anniversary was tainted.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank I945EJhelenl
Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

Hmm. The interior of the hotel, room size and design etc are all very good. The service was average, a couple of staff friendlier than others but most people on the front desk struggled to smile. The room was well decorated and stylish but was very warm and there are no air con units. There was a fan but it didn’t help much. The final thing of note is that there is obviously a wasp issue, as there were were wasps all over the windowsill and staircase between floors 3 and 4 for over 24 hours. We told the reception who said they knew all about it, but over 24 hours later they were still there. We told reception again today who seemingly knew nothing about it. Overall it was an okay stay and is a good hotel, but communication and service could be worked on, definitely.

1  Thank RachelH982
Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

We booked this hotel a long time ago so got a good deal using the Hilton Honours app, Friday and Saturday night in a king superior room for a total of £190.
After reading recent negative reviews I thought that we had made a massive mistake, and was worried about staying here, but turns out it wasn't bad at all. We had even packed antibacterial cleaning wipes so we could clean the room if needed, but we needn't have worried.
Using the app we were able to pick our room (fifth floor - the top one), and check in online and use my phone to get into the room, thus avoiding the queue at reception.
All the communal areas were very grand, clean and tidy as you would expect. Likewise the room was very good and nothing like the horror stories I've read on this site. Yes there were a couple of what looked like makeup stains on the carpet and walls but to be honest we only spotted them because we were looking for them, certainly nothing to complain about.
The room was very comfortable and we weren't bothered by any noise at all. The only negatives with the room that I can think of is that there is no air-conditioning, and it was very hot in there so we had to have the windows open and the desk-fan provided by the hotel on fully at all times. Also we only had 2 bath towels but no hand towel (a very minor inconvenience).
I couldn't give the hotel 5 out of 5 because there were a few negatives.
Firstly, if you are driving to the hotel you register your number plate and how long you are staying on a tablet. It may be an anomaly with using the Hilton app to check-in, but there doesn't seem to be a way of linking your car registration to your room. I did ask 3 times at reception about this but nobody could give me a definitive answer. The last time I asked I was told I would have to wait for a fine to arrive by post, and contact the hotel to get it overturned if it did. Not very convenient or satisfactory.
Also, by using the app to check-in you bypass the reception desk and miss out on your free cookies!
Another issue we had was that on our final morning we decided to take our bags down to the car early and go out for breakfast and a walk and pick up some last minute gifts.
We arrived back at the room at 11:20 (check out is at 12) but couldn't get back into our room. We asked a cleaner if she could let us in and were told that the room had already been cleaned because check-out is at 11 (it's definitely 12 o'clock!!). We can only assume that a cleaner had seen us taking our bags out earlier and decided we must have been checking out. It was very inconvenient as we wanted to freshen up before a long journey home and retrieve a carrier bag we'd left in the room that contained sweets and drinks for our journey. They had been removed from the room and were luckily still on the cleaners trolly.
All in all it was a very pleasant stay and I would definitely stay again. Just waiting for my parking fine to arrive now!!

Reviewed 12 September 2021

Stayed for 4 night as part of a Group . Chaotic Check in, Staff not prepared for us, no promised refeshments on arrival. Good size rooms and Bathrooms ,Clean . However, using the Covid excuse , No Rooms cleaned or refreshed during stay. Had to request Clean Towels, Loo Rolls, Tea ,Milk etc at reception but Often request was ignored so had to request again. Very few trained staff ( in fairness i think this is being addressed), a Senior person has been brought in from another Hotel so i would hope things would pick up. Very good Breakfast, Average Food at Dinner but service slow each night. £15 for an hours Swim for residents !!!!!
A lovely setting , nice Terrace but needs a complete overhaul service wise..

2  Thank dafona
Reviewed 10 September 2021

No hairdryer, spare toilet roll or tissues in tissue box. No convenient plug sockets so could not plug CPAP machine in at night as none near bed. Reception never answers the phone. Good self service breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton