11 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com
PricelineUS$94
eDreamsUS$94
HurbUS$109
All reviews sauna and steam room afternoon tea difficult circumstances wonderful spa iron and board staying at this hotel a king size bed over christmas housekeeping staff breakfast was included three night stay special occasion a lovely stay wedding anniversary town centre transmitter frederik
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2021

Stayed whilst on business in Harrogate.

Hotel is tired and in need of renovation in many places. Check in experience was torture, took ages and staff didn't seem to know what was going on.

Food was well overpriced as were drinks. Bar staff were not well trained and didn't even know how to open a bottle of wine with a cork!!

Paid £195 per night for room only and an extra £15 for breakfast!! After staying 3 nights rooms weren't turned around using covid as the excuse. No fresh towels or tea / coffee were offered to us. Expected so much more from a Hilton hotel.

Not my first bad expereicne of a Hilton recently. Won't be rushing back!

Room tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank 549tomp
Majestic Hotel, Guest Services / Front Office at Doubletree by Hilton Harrogate Majestic Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. I'm disappointed to know that you felt let down during your stay with us, this is not how we wish for any of our guests to feel. I would love to discuss this further with you and hopefully restore your faith in our hotel and the Hilton brand, please contact me at emma.storey@doubletree-harrogate.co.uk at your convenience. Kind regards, Guest Relations

Reviewed 12 October 2021

Deeply disappointed with the Harrogate Spa. I Had booked a surprise morning spa package for my girlfriend only to be told the night before that they had the wrong time and were unable to facility our original booking because they had given it to someone else. We had travelled from Scotland for the weekend with this being the supposed highlight event. The communication from the Harrogate Spa was unacceptable. The man that I originally spoke with to make the booking seemed undertrained. I was due to receive an email with payment and booking confirmation, this never arrived. The woman that I spoke with who let us know of the error was extremely unhelpful and was unwilling to sort out the error caused by Harrogate Spa. To cap it off, I was asked if I was still wanting a refund even though they were unable to facility us?! Unbelievably unprofessional. Would highly recommend that nobody uses this service and if they do then good luck! At the very least they could have offered compensation for the inconvenience caused!

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank callumb685

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Please could you contact me at emma.storey@doubletree-harrogate.co.uk so that I can help to fully resolve this for you. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Kind regards, Guest Relations

Reviewed 10 October 2021

I don’t expect to find hairs and crumbs on a chair in the room at any time but especially during supposedly enhanced cleaning due to Covid. The lack of apology from reception compounded the problem although the chair was removed as requested.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
3  Thank JE15

Good afternoon,
I'm sorry that you felt let down by our cleaning standards during your stay. Please feel free to contact me at emma.storey@doubletree-harrogate.co.uk so that we can discuss this further and hopefully I can help to restore your faith in our hotel. Kind regards, Guest Relations

Reviewed 8 October 2021

Having dropped my bags off, I returned at the specified time for check-in to be faced with a long queue , whilst one staff member offered a glass of prosecco from a tray, a manager (?) observed. I would rather have no wine and have these extra staff aiding with the check-in. Queuing for check-in is frustrating at the best of times (no consideration for HHonors gold members) but in these covid times having so many people in such a small space is irresponsible.

It then became apparent that the door lock system was down, so each guest had to be let into their rooms by a staff member! This continued over the 2 days I was there, and meant you had to queue at reception to arrange to be let into your room! Every time! I seemed to spend most of my stay queuing!

Another concern was security: at no point was I asked to provide identification, I just gave my room number and they let me in! How did they ensure no property was stolen? Or that no one was let into another guest’s room? My daughter was with me on this trip and I refused to let her be in the room on her own, for this reason.

The room itself was nice and large, but had no air conditioning. The room was roasting, even with the windows open but the fan provided was so noisy bone of us could sleep with it on, so a very poor night for all of us!

What with having to be let into my room, and with the hotel telling me when I should have breakfast, this felt (I would imagine) more like a stay in jail!

Date of stay: September 2021
4  Thank blairk2

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. I'm sorry that you felt disappointed by your stay with us. We unfortunately experienced several technical issues during the time period that you stayed with us, we fully appreciate how negatively this will have impacted upon your experience and we do apologise for this. If you wish to, please could you contact me at emma.storey@doubletree-harrogate.co.uk so that I can discuss your stay with you further and hopefully restore your faith in our hotel. Kind regards, Guest Relations

Reviewed 8 October 2021

Our visit to this hotel was part of our celebrations for our 50th wedding anniversary. It started well with a bottle of prosecco and an anniversary card waiting in our room? However it rapidly went downhill. On arriving for our dinner on the first night we were told there were no tables available, even though I had an email the previous day confirming my reservation. Every table that had been reserved from 7.30pm onwards had been given to a coach party that had arrived.
They ran out of brown bread!
They ran out of pizzas
The bar service was very very slow. A busy hotel with one 1 barman
And to make it even worse they overcharged me £360 on the price of the rooms I booked.
I always thought the names Dounletree and Hilton meant superior accommodation and excellent service. Well certainly not at this hotel

Date of stay: September 2021
3  Thank sylviacP7415EO

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I'm sorry to hear that you felt disappointed during your stay with us, this is not at all how we want any of our guests to feel, especially when celebrating a special occasion. If you wish to discuss this further so that I can help resolve this and restore your faith in our hotel and the DoubleTree brand, please reach out to me at emma.storey@doubletree-harrogate.co.uk. Kind regards, Guest Relations