The Crown Hotel
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$90
CrownePlaza.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$105
Rudding Park Hotel(Follifoot)
US$314
Priceline
Cedar Court Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$72
US$83
US$77
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel du Vin and Bistro(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$145
  • Breakfast included
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
US$131
US$104
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$124
Travelocity
Kimberley Hotel(Harrogate)
TripAdvisor
1,447 results
All reviewschurchill roomlimited parkingcreaky floorboardsfloor boardsparking spacecentral locationold buildingcar parklovely hotelreception areavalley gardensbuffet stylebreakfast roombreakfast was excellentplenty of choicewould stay againbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

.Haven't been to Harrogate for some time and this hotel is centrally located which is great for shops, pubs, restaurants etc.
Had no problem with parking, indeed there were vacant spots throughout our stay. Although we did arrive earlier than book in time so this probably helped.

The public areas are beautiful. The whole hotel reminded me of The Imperial in Blackpool, which is a favourite of ours, and is laid out very similarly. Classic 19th century architecture - and even earlier.

Whilst waiting for the room we retired to the bar - which was very quiet but the server was very friendly and chatty. We decided to have some lunch and was provided with a menu. Good pub grub we decided, and I ordered the Yorkshire Gentleman's Afternoon Tea and my wife had a sandwich - typical! It was really good, really tasty and a helluva lot of food!

Our room was enormous, squeaky boards and all - fabulous. Great bed, Yorkshire tea, biscuit - all one could wish for in a hotel. Apart from the view on to a side wall sigh - but you can't have everything.

The evening meal was a bit disappointing. We thought we'd be in the dining room but the evening meal was served in the bar area - "The Place" and the menu was the same as the one we'd been given at lunch time.

She had the goats cheese and beetroot salad, - can't fail was the judgement - and I had the crab and crayfish. Which was OK but such a small portion.
I had the lambshank for mains, which again was just OK and my wife had the steak and ale pie which she thought dry and didn't have much filling. Cheesboard to follow and that was very tasty with a good selection. The servers were friendly and courteous.
Breakfast in the Churchill Room was brilliant. What an amazing space. The food selection, both hot and cold, was very good. The serving staff were unobtrusive but very efficient and friendly.
Would we stay here again - like a shot
Would we recommend it - absolutely

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob H
Richard W, General Manager at The Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Really pleased you enjoyed your visit and that you would choose to return. I'll pick up your comments on the food with my head chef. The Chruchill suite is indeed a stunning room and it would be a great place to serve dinner, unfortunately, it's so large that whilst it's perfect for Breakfast and events, our dinner numbers would be lost in such a large room. We are working on an upgrade for The Place to improve the environment.

Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything about hotel was good, the downside was drinks a bit expensive,food good . The mashed potato that is usually squashed in other restaurants was beautifully creamy.
I had a disabled wet room ,one of the biggest I have had the pleasure to use pressure not over brilliant but adequate

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thnnk you for taking the time to offer such positive comments. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Can't fault reception/ welcome, room was good warm & spacious, bar mmm no one in attendance when I wanted a drink in fact it turns out the barman passed me as I was walking to the bar for a drink but he decided to keep going the opposite direction. Anyway went across the road to the pub had a early evening drink then chalked back into the the hotel bar from the street entrancelabelled, straight away, 3 staff made a fuss of a table for one It was only when I intimated that I was a resident that a bar! table was found, I did check for horns but couldn't feel any, anyway the meal, £8 for crab& crawfish( not fresh) but running in brine( giveaway) & £10.50 for a burger with tomato and lettuce with browning edges (giveaway) old lettuce, ps no onion, relish, peppers, gherkins etc JUST TOMATO AND OLD LETTUCE,head chef hang your head in shame. Burger van food doesn't cut it in a 130 room hotel, if that's the best you can do McDonalds are hiring, ps 3 stars out of 5 is being generous.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Markards

Dear Markards

It doesn't appear that you had a good time with us. Especially disappointing that it appears it's the food and restaurant/bar service that let us down. Hopefully, you will see from other reviews on here that your experience is not a common one and for this I apologise. Overwhelmingly the comments we receive on the quality of food are excellent so be assured I will investigate what went wrong on this occasion.

I'm pleased that reception and your room were good and thank you for those positive comments despite your overall disappointment.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great location and Hotel full of character even down to the squeeky floorboards !!
Receptionist was very friendly and helpful she told us where to go and park up the road for free , so we had no real problems with the parking !! People complain about the parking but remember this Hotel was built a long long time ago when there wasnt very many cars about ..
Room was spacious and a little dated but was spotlessly clean as was the bathroom . Didnt eat in on the evening but breakfast was great the next morning .

My one negative was our room window looked onto a very grubby looking wall , maybe a bit of net curtain would hide that hideous view .

All in all a great place to stay !!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

I'm really pleased you enjoyed your visit to the Crown and do hope you will return soon.

If you are, please do contact the hotel directly, even if you've seen a deal online. We should always be able to better it and we can both then avoid paying commissions to intermediary booking agents.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is right in the middle of the town which is good but means that parking is really bad as they only have a small number of spaces. However, I did ring the hotel four days prior to our stay and I was informed that a parking space would be reserved for me and a note put in the diary as I am disabled. However, when we arrived there was no parking space reserved and no note had been put in the diary. A gentleman member of staff came with me to the car and gave my husband directions to other parking areas and kindly carried our bags into the foyer of the hotel for me, then left them in the middle of the floor of the reception unattended (not great) so I had to carry them to the seated area of the reception so I could keep an eye on them. The staff are very friendly and our room was adequate, though not very warm at times, but this is only to be expected in a very old hotel. We had an evening meal which was very good and enjoyable. Both our keys did not work on the second afternoon of our stay. I was told that it may be due to the magnet on my phone cover, but my husband had his in his magnet-free wallet, so I am not sure what that was all about. All in all it wasn't great but it wasn't bad.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry you were disappointed with certain aspects of your stay but I am pleased you found the food and staff good.

Do contact me directly if you are returning and I will personally oversee your reservation details.