“Great quality, great value”

Drake's Fish & Chips
Ranked #260 of 390 Restaurants in Harrogate
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Have been to this place dozens of times with my grandparents before my grandmother passed away. I over Christmas for the last time, and nothing has changed. I love the fish and chips with mushy peas here. The quality of the meal is better than other restaurants of the same kind, and the service is awesome. I'll definitely return next time I'm in Harrogate visiting my granddad.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Was worried when this very good chain took over from the old Crows Nest - unfounded! Always first class and worth going well out of our way to get F & C's. Have used this place for 40 years!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

The food is nice. We've visited this place for takeways on numerous occasions, and the chip portion size is tiny. I once counted 5 chips, given to me hidden under my fish. I wanted to complain but felt awkward. As it's happened so many times, I no longer visit this chip shop. It's a busy chippy as it's local and close to the market, so they can get away with it.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Really enjoyed our meal at Drake`s Fish & Chips. We have already been there before but since our last visit the food and service quality improved a lot. Really friendly and professional staffs, nice atmosphere, and delicious food, great value too. Will definitely come back again.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

6.30on a Friday evening, yes probably the busiest session of the week, but no excuses for what I experienced. Two girls serving, one taking money and portioning peas/curry, the other serving hot food. So far so good. should be fairly efficient. No such luck. Pea girl has no clue, and messes up several orders which needed to be re-done. Portions my curry sauce as soon as I have paid, my fish not even in the fryer yet! 25 minutes my order is complete, but not before my fishcake is wrapped and placed in front of the till where pea girl proceeds to prod it asking "whats this, what's this" to be told by her colleague "it's for him" as she points at me.This is service like I have never experienced before and such a seemingly efficient system somehow completely fails. Poor show to all involved. P.s. my fishcake had obviously been in the hot cabinet so long the fish had disintegrated. No repeat visit from me I'm afraid

1  Thank craigyb3