1,939 results
All reviews spa facilities spa break dry ski slope ski centre swimming pool squash court sauna and steam room leisure club course meal self service reception staff restaurant staff relaxing stay bar and restaurant both nights night break buffet style
Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

Visited this hotel after receiving a virgin experience voucher as a Christmas present.
After spending two night in the Cotswolds we thought we would use this voucher to end the trip. We could not have been more disappointed. As I have seen in other reviews, this is not a "spa".
It is simply a local swimming pool with children's swimming classes and a poor excuse of a sauna.
Further disappointment came from the £5 robe hire and £1 locker and towel hire.
Changing rooms were poor with a lack of privacy and not at all clean.
After seeing the state of the pool and lack of seating, we swiftly got changed and left.
I will be using my voucher at another Hallmark hotel with better facilities.
Could not have been more disappointed.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank amv1g13
Reviewed 10 February 2016

We have a one night stay and stay break recently. The room itself was clean and modern and we were greeted to chocolates and wine in our room on arrival which was pleasant. The biggest downside of the break was that the 'spa' is a leisure centre for locals as well as available to the hotel guests. As many others have commented this was not really a spa break with children running around as well as the bar being used by locals watching the rugby (possibly while their partners and kids were using the spa). The staff were friendly and helpful, and the food was good. I would recommend for a break but for a spa break, maybe need to look elsewhere!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank njg21
Reviewed 9 February 2016

As I write this review,we are on the morning of our 2nd day of a 2 night break.
Pluses as follows.
Check in was pleasant and efficient.
The rooms are clean and modern.
The gym has modern equipment.
Location is fine for Gloucester and surrounding areas.
The Food for the Evening meal was excellent.

Minuses.
I will go into more detail on these.
The Spa/Pool area needs a complete refit.Dirty and mouldy.Sharp edges on anti slip matting.Used cups everywhere.Why are school-kids in the pool for swimming lessons?Totally ruins the so chill out Spa element.Lockers, if you can find one with a key,are dilapidated.

The Staff in the Restaurant are possibly the worst we have ever come across.Its not that they didn't care,its that they didn't know how to serve or conduct themselves.Definite lack of training and supervision.For example,had to wait 10 minutes for any sort of attention after being seated.Number one rule,ask you customers as soon as possible what they want to drink whilst perusing the menu.
When our wine came we had no glasses on the table.In all my years, I have never been to a Hotel Restaurant without Wine glasses being on a table.The Waiter just had a vacant look on his face when I had to ask for them.
When the food came it was very nice but not once were we asked how is the food and if we required more drinks.
We required desserts but the staff were more interested in setting tables than concentrating on the customers still present.
The whole restaurant operation was amateurish.Teenagers who obviously have had very little training and total lack of supervision and management.

We repaired to the Bar area and things turned from the ridiculous to farcical.
Another teenager was behind the bar and looked frightened as I ordered a Pint and a Cocktail off the Hotels own Cocktail menu.The lad obviously had never made a cocktail in his life as we stood at the bar for ten minutes as he studied what drinks to mix off the menu.To really grind my gears,he took a room service order further delaying our drinks.15 minutes after ordering our drinks arrived and my Pint was very nice,my Wife's cocktail was the worst presented cocktail we have ever seen.
It was in a normal half pint glass with a straw.No crushed ice or fruit.By this point we were laughing about it.We actually felt sorry for the kid behind the bar as he really didn't have a clue what he was doing.
We asked for the drinks to be charged to the room but we were told no 'account' had been set up and it was up to us to go to reception to set this up.Never in 35 years of staying in hotels all over the world have we not been able to charge to the room.Unbelievable.

In closing,I hope the management of this hotel really take notice of these negative reviews and get some Staff,Supervisors and Management in place to sort out these major flaws in this Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scoie1973
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

So so disappointed. I should've saved my money and went to the local leisure centre....... dirty, broken, dangerous. Not really a spa pamper day more like four hours with the locals. So many things had things wrong like the metal shower bracket falling off making a very loud crash to the floor with everyone watching from an already broke shower dial. Cobwebs everywhere and a good size too. Window frame above the pool looks like it will fall any second. Changing rooms are old dirty and not relaxing. Many lockers broke or have no numbers. Again it was all very public and altho I adore children the idea of my pamper spa day was to get away from my own....... by the pool chairs looked as if the seat will break through at any point. It did make me feel uncomfortable at first because it does look grubby. Not a spa but a local pool. Shame.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2016

I stayed in a twin room which was very comfortable, clean and quiet. The room facilities were excellent. The location was a bit out of the way, however, for the purpose of our visit it was perfectly fine.

I had a back, neck and shoulder massage treatment. My masseur asked what my preference was for a massage and she met my requirements perfectly.

The food was exceptional and the hospitality was superb.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends