“A taste of Italy”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

If you crave a real Italian espresso this is the place. In addition it is in a great location and great service and seating options

1  Thank Winslow96B
MrCorretto, Manager at Caffe Corretto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you for taking your time to visit us as Corretto

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

All Italian say their coffee is the best but Corretto is actually correct! Their coffee is beyond amazing! We both had flat white- rich beautiful crema, velvet milk - small cup packed with as much taste as possible. I wish they sell beans for at-home coffee-making during those cold days! Forget Nero/Costa charmless, tasteless something called coffee and try the proper one! Relaxed and friendly, great place to chill. Clean and well looked after.

1  Thank deborahcheltenham

Hi . Yes great to hear . There is years of experience behind us at Corretto aiming to provide perfectly balanced coffee - the Italian way , sounds like we are succeeding
Thanks again

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Surrounded by Gloucester docks, the Caffe Corretto is incredibly popular local cafe with this typical Italian buzz. The design of the place is creative, both traditional and modern in many details. Quality of coffee and food is simply perfect! I usually drink brewed coffee, espresso is my second choice. Here - highly recommend! I also had a cheeky Cantuccini biscuit - very popular and tasty. If you want to enjoy high quality coffee in a beautiful setting - look no more. Cafe Corretto is a must!

1  Thank susanwilsonevans

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Came to Corretto last week only to buy a quick drinks and run to work (not really sure what I want). Had to come back for lunch and check if those guys makes food as good as coffee. Absolutely LOVED my Flat white and Parma focaccia - to die for! Member of staff recognized me and said “Welcome back. How was your flat white? We are very happy to see you here again!” The experience brought back memories from last summer in Italy. Warm welcome, great food, amazing coffee...... it’s not about good location, luck or trying. Those guys know what they doing and they doing it spot on!

1  Thank mary_thomas84
MrCorretto, Owner at Caffe Corretto, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Hi and thanks for coming back to visit us at Caffe Corretto It’s always good to see returning customers.
We do put a lot of effort into our customer service and thank you so much for your kind words .
Hopefully you’ll come in again soon , I’m sure we will remember your flat white again !!

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

What a disappointment!!!!!!
My family and friends love this place so I was looking forward to taking my family out to lunch on Sunday at this cafe. We were greeted by a nice lad on the till however a very rude member of staff ( I think the manager) became involved in my order acting rather abruptly.
Once our order arrived one of the dishes were wrong, the man kept barking the number of the dish at me and my elderly mother in law. ( which meant nothing to us). As it turned out the order was incorrect and we had been overcharged. Not being a huge problem I approached the man with my receipt, again for him to rudely reply with no apology. The tea cup and saucer were dirty and this only seemed to aggravate him further when I asked for another please. Finally, my daughter has a nut allergy and was hoping to have her nan and gramps biscuits that accompany a latte. There was not ingredient list on the packet so I queued again only to be served by the same man. I asked if it was possible to see the box the biscuits came in so I could check the ingredients myself. His response was, “ I dunno what’s in them, I’m not taking any responsibility “ and walked off. I’m guessing he was having a bad day.
Food was lovely by the way.

MrCorretto, Owner at Caffe Corretto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for visiting us at Caffe Corretto
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. I am fully aware of each member of staff on shift Sunday and will bring this to their attention and resolve this issue
There is no excusing this lack of professionalism, all I can say is that as you can see from the majority of our reviews , this is quite rare .
We do have an allergy booklet noting all the allergies - so again this isn’t acceptable at all .
I am glad at least the food was lovely ..
I hope you will give us the chance to put this right and show you the true Corretto experience in the future .