“First Visit”
Review of Carnero Lounge

Carnero Lounge
Ranked #45 of 645 Restaurants in Derby
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Description: An informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar where families, friends and local residents can come for a coffee and something to eat.
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Visited last night for my friends birthdays and we absolutely loved this place. The ambience was fantastic, staff very helpful and polite and the menu catered for us all.

The steak frites were "cooked to perfection", and the tapas was gorgeous.

If I had to recommend one thing, it would be to ask for the tapas plates to be warmed as I am a very slow eater.....

Highly recommend you visit - you will not be disjointed. We will definitely be going back

carnero l, General Manager at Carnero Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Hi Lynne

Thank you for the great review, it's always lovely to read such wonderful reviews that i can pass on to my team. I have let the kitchen know about your feedback regarding the tapas dishes and they will be aiming to deliver that immediately.

We hope to see you again soon for another Steak!

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Went for a breakfast with my girlfriend on a quiet Sunday morning. Would highly recommend if your looking for a tasty breakfast in Derby city centre!

carnero l, General Manager at Carnero Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Hi Chris, Thank you for your review and recommendation. It makes us happy when our customers want to tell others about our breakfast menu.
we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Thanks

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We ate here twice in our three day visit to Derby and left wishing it was our local !!
Cosy atmosphere, friendly staff, really great menu and family friendly. Very reasonable in price too.
We particularly enjoyed the breakfast muffin, and the falafel ciabatta.
A gem of a place, great for coffee and breakfast, equally good for tapas and cocktails....

carnero l, General Manager at Carnero Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Hi Cherie,

Thank you for your review, we love making an impression and by the looks of things we made an impression twice! I hope you will come and visit us again when you're next in the City.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Thanks

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Came in on the off chance & were pleasantly surprised. We decided to have a couple of burgers with our drink. I had the Chicken,Bacon & Avocado burger & my partner had the Ultimate Chicken burger, both with sweet potato fries. Both meals were presented well, unfortunately my partner’s chicken had been over cooked. We brought this to the attention of the gent who served us & he promptly removed this, apologetic about the standard & offered to replace the order. Whilst waiting for the replacement dish, we were totally shocked that we were given a refund for my partner’s meal!! Again, the gent apologised saying that this wasn’t the normal service as we’d come out out to eat together & we weren’t able to.

The meals were brilliant & as you can see, nothing was left. Oh, and the drinks are good too!!

Will definitely be back, the food won us over as did the service.

carnero l, General Manager at Carnero Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for the wonderful review, I'm delighted the customer service you received on the day went the extra mile, as a company loungers is all about how can we look after our customers over anything else, and reading your review is a perfect example of how loungers sets out to be.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

My friend and I went on a Saturday night and it wasn't too busy so the service was quick which was just what we needed. We both ordered from the vegan menu and had the rice bowl, which was absolutely delicious. It's so nice to see a café have so much variety for vegetarians/vegans, and if you are a meat-eater, there is also plenty for them to have too!

1  Thank Ellie W

Hi Ellie,

Thank you for your review, we love reading reviews like this and we are incredibly proud of our Vegan and Vegetarian menu. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back.