“Nice venue”
Review of Bodega - CLOSED

Bodega
Price range: US$9 - US$33
Description: Bodega is a contemporary cantina bringing fresh, homemade South American inspired cuisine to Birmingham city centre, Worcester & Leicester and Derby We also offer one of the best drinks selections in the city, offering mouth watering cocktails, South American wines & bottled beers. Kids menu, take away & buffet services are also provided
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I went here with my partner and another couple. I had been looking forward to coming here for ages, it was okay a bit overhyped I think from previous reviews I read. Staff were on point,starters were lovely and actually found them better than the mains! Drinks were nice tried a few of the cocktails and was well presented. Reasonably priced as well. One niggle none of the ladies toilets had any toilet roll in them and I told the staff on leaving but they didn't seem too bothered. I'd only return again if the menu changed and something else caught my eye.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went with friends and took advantage of the early deal on the cocktails. Waitress very friendly and efficient. Food came out and was really nice and fresh. Love the interior - quite quirky. Can’t wait to visit again

Hello Deolv,

Cheers for the 5 *'s and for the kind words, great to hear you had a fab time with us, see you soon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been here on various occasions and always enjoyed the service and food. Visited recently and when we placed the order for food and drinks, we were faced with a list of what's not available as we ordered! No rice milk for the drink.. no particular beer (but on the menu) and then no chorizo! Made the ordering quite difficult!

Food arrived and as always was great - but the drinks (those which were available!) arrived at the same time as the food! We were sat right by the bar, so really couldn't understand why they weren't being prepared!

The whole experience wasn't the greatest and we left discussing would we return? Perhaps not, which is a shame as the food is good!

Hello FirstLast34,

I'm sorry to hear we had a couple of menu items not available during your visit. As a returning customers, I'm sure you know we make all of the food freshly on site so can run out of the odd specialist item (such as rice milk) from time to time if we had an unexpected influx the day before for example. Not having Cusquena beer is quite a rarity but recently we did have a period of 5-7 days where our supplier couldn't fulfil our order.

I do hope you'll reconsider another visit.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent South America cuisine. Cocktails to start followed by Bodega chilli and Lomo Saltado. Very well presented and served. Great staff

Hello Ken P,

Sounds like a great way to enjoy an evening, thanks for the kind words!
See you again soon,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came here for my birthday celebrations with my god children and we all found something that we wanted to eat... such fantastic small (or not so small) plates and the homemade nachos are to die for! Totally recommend.

Hello Skirtie,

Great to hear you and the smaller guests enjoyed your visit to us, fab to hear you're all fans of the nachos!
See you again soon,